Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
When you said this:

..The question went unanswered/ignored. So, assuming the "we" in the first quote is actually you, like in the second one, I'll ask the question again: What are you actually doing, besides posting the same things over and over again on this forum? I'd really like to know about constructive activities to create jobs.

And your question was ignored... Again.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:
When you said this:

"This is something the Phoenix area is known for, low wages. I have been trying to work several other groups to try and change this fate, but it is hard going with competition from many other cities around this part of the U.S. It is hard to attract workers when our education funding is 50th in the country."

on another thread, you were asked to elaborate on exactly what you were doing. The question went unanswered/ignored. So, assuming the "we" in the first quote is actually you, like in the second one, I'll ask the question again: What are you actually doing, besides posting the same things over and over again on this forum? I'd really like to know about constructive activities to create jobs.
If you are serious this time and really just want to know, I'll help you out!!!
http://www.thearizonawewant.org/pdf/...na_We_Want.pdf
This is a great place to start! AZers who would like to feel part of the solution, join groups like these, be a part of your state!

Goodwill of Central Arizona | We Put People to Work This will help out those without a job.

Leaders eager to launch job creation
This is something we are already helping with through our taxes! So, feel good, our state is moving in the right direction with this kind of program. I wish there were more of these......try and push your state toward a positive direction.

ASU invites community to discuss job creation in metro Phoenix — College of Public Programs (http://copp.asu.edu/college-news/jobs - broken link)
You can always go to meet ups and talk about what we can do as a whole and then support those businesses you see making a difference.
Yes, making people aware of the problems is noted for making a difference. Some aren't aware, so spread the word. Then they can go out and make a difference as well. The more people know, the more people help, the more that gets done. Stop ignoring problems, be pro active!

I have a feeling this isn't what you were really after, sorry if I couldn't help you in your real objective. But, maybe this will help someone else on the topic of job loss!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:16 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
If you are serious this time and really just want to know, I'll help you out!!!
http://www.thearizonawewant.org/pdf/...na_We_Want.pdf
This is a great place to start! AZers who would like to feel part of the solution, join groups like these, be a part of your state!

Goodwill of Central Arizona | We Put People to Work This will help out those without a job.

Leaders eager to launch job creation
This is something we are already helping with through our taxes! So, feel good, our state is moving in the right direction with this kind of program. I wish there were more of these......try and push your state toward a positive direction.

ASU invites community to discuss job creation in metro Phoenix — College of Public Programs (http://copp.asu.edu/college-news/jobs - broken link)
You can always go to meet ups and talk about what we can do as a whole and then support those businesses you see making a difference.
Yes, making people aware of the problems is noted for making a difference. Some aren't aware, so spread the word. Then they can go out and make a difference as well. The more people know, the more people help, the more that gets done. Stop ignoring problems, be pro active!

I have a feeling this isn't what you were really after, sorry if I couldn't help you in your real objective. But, maybe this will help someone else on the topic of job loss!
Twiggy-- I'm not sure why you quoted my post. I'm trying to get EnicAZ to elaborate on some of the general statements he's been making on this thread and another one. That quote that's in quotation marks is from EnicAZ in another thread, not from me.

It's pretty clear Enic is not interested in explaining his statements, but I wouldn't try to do it for him, either. As you said, perhaps the information you posted will be helpful to others. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:
Twiggy-- I'm not sure why you quoted my post. I'm trying to get EnicAZ to elaborate on some of the general statements he's been making on this thread and another one. That quote that's in quotation marks is from EnicAZ in another thread, not from me.

It's pretty clear Enic is not interested in explaining his statements, but I wouldn't try to do it for him, either. As you said, perhaps the information you posted will be helpful to others. Thanks.
It's not hard to see what your objective really is but I thought at least I could help out some who are really interested in this topic and are having a hard time with job loss in AZ. Despite what others objectives are on this thread, this is a serious topic for those who are effected by it. It's not a joke, nor an issue to use for torment or trolling in my opinion from any of you on either side.
Some people have need for real information on the topic, they want to help out, if you don't then that's ok. Maybe it will help out someone who really needs it.
It's hard to tell when you bring posts over to make your point from somewhere else that they aren't part of the thread, I apologize.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:40 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
It's not hard to see what your objective really is but I thought at least I could help out some who are really interested in this topic and are having a hard time with job loss in AZ. Despite what others objectives are on this thread, this is a serious topic for those who are effected by it. It's not a joke [mod cut--personal]
Some people have need for real information on the topic, they want to help out, if you don't then that's ok. Maybe it will help out someone who really needs it.
It's hard to tell when you bring posts over to make your point from somewhere else that they aren't part of the thread, I apologize.

I KNOW there are a lot of people dealing with job loss in this state. When someone posts about things they are supposedly trying to do to create jobs, I think it would be helpful to those people who ARE searching to know MORE about what's actually being done, rather than just generalities. The links you posted WERE helpful, and are appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 AM

523 posts, read 937,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAirConcerns View Post
Aren't we all trying to find a way to get by.
PhoenixAirConcerns,

Keep your head up. Many in the area are going through what you are. If you can keep versatile and meager, you can continue to survive.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
PhoenixAirConcerns,

Keep your head up. Many in the area are going through what you are. If you can keep versatile and meager, you can continue to survive.
Enic, what on earth does "versatile and meager" mean in normal language, please?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM

101 posts, read 314,370 times
meager = deficient in quality or quantity , lacking fullness or richness
meager salary or having little

versitile = embracing a variety of subjects fields or skills

Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
You guys are barking up the wrong tree again, it's silly, been accused, isn't me...doubt your right about any of it...gotto love conspiracy theories though. Getting sick of the "bully" mentality of this country as of late, as it's reflected on here. Maybe there is no work for people right now because Obama is really from the middle east. Right?

On a serious note though, I have thought recently that jobs were picking up around here. It seems I have seen more hiring lately. I'm sure it depends what kind of job your seeking though, so I still have compassion for those of you who are having a hard time. It can be very frustrating and I'm not naive enough to think you aren't searching right, or aren't hirable because of it. It's still happening to a lot of people.

I think it will take a while for the whole country to turn around, I'm pretty sure it will not go back to what it was before, people and employers will be more cautious. Nobody wants to lay someone off again. It's like the whole country is on "re set".

AZ has suffered a bit more due to how many are in the construction field here, like other states in the west and florida as well. Although with homes being sold and fixed up I see a bit of a upswing with my friends in this field, they've been helping people remodel.

To help out though, if you haven't been effected you can always donate here:
Goodwill of Central Arizona | We Put People to Work
They could always use your help providing for those who are still suffering the effects of the recession.
What makes you think this is not the "new normal?"

Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil01 View Post
meager = deficient in quality or quantity , lacking fullness or richness
meager salary or having little

versitile = embracing a variety of subjects fields or skills
Thank you. I understand the words. I do not understand what the poster meant. There is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: