Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,980,411 times

Advertisements

I'm a fan of Man vs Food on the Travel Channel. Last year I completed the phaal curry challenge in NYC with a few friends. It was a fun, but painful, time. Today I found out there is at least one challenge in Phoenix at a joint called Maui Dog on E Indian School.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bel...una_challe.php

That's a lot of food to put down but I might give this a shot. I love to try different kinds of dogs. I have yet to try a Hawaiian style dog. Maui Dog has great reviews on Yelp. Even if I never man up and give this challenge a shot I plan on stopping by there to try their culinary offerings.

Any other eating challenges in the Phoenix area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,762,672 times
Well if you want to do a MvF challenge he did his Phoenix one at Chompies in Tempe.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM

824 posts, read 2,335,408 times
Nathan's hot dog eating contest at AZ Mills Mall in Tempe in May or June, pre-cursor to the Coney Island, July 4th event.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM

271 posts, read 838,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Any other eating challenges in the Phoenix area?
If you scroll through on that link on Chow Bella regarding The Maui Dog Big Kahuna Challenge ("Feasts of Fury"), it will show you other challenges he's done locally.
"Feasts of Fury" Archives - Phoenix Restaurants and Dining - Chow Bella (http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/feasts_of_fury/ - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Well if you want to do a MvF challenge he did his Phoenix one at Chompies in Tempe.
Here's his report of Chompie's:
Chompie's Ultimate Sliders Challenge - Phoenix Restaurants and Dining - Chow Bella

Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 PM

402 posts, read 1,527,812 times
Back in the 90's when I was at ASU a mexican resturant that was across the street at the time, La Tolteca, used to have an eating challenge. That paticular location is gone, but I believe the still have one on Van Buren and 12th st in Tempe. It involved eating 3 three pound super burritos in 30 mins if memory serves me correctly.

indeximagen
La Tolteca Mexican Foods - Phoenix, AZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area