Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:12 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,075,442 times

Advertisements

I am personally sick of Republicans blowing beheadings and such out of proportion to further a political agenda. The only thing I see AZ sticking out for is an example for Republican ideals. It's my opinion that AZ isn't a hot bed of crime for all to worry themselves sick about but a hot bed of Republicans blowing illegal immigration related crime up like a hot air balloon to ride on. That I think should stop!
It's BS and steams from the same old tactics used time and time again.

That said, there are steps that could end this border issue if that is what the intentions of the majority of business leaders was in the country but it is not. Pleading to the laymen of this state about crime intentionally fueled by big business and politicos isn't going to solve anything. So in that I agree, this isn't a worthy thread in my opinion as with others, it's not valid because it isn't based on truth. It's "Jan" politics, it is my opinion that all the Republicans do as of late is cry about everything. Jan Brewer has ended up hurting the reputation of a state she is suppose to be serving the best interest of. Go figure!!!

Illegal immigration is down in AZ, it was before 1070 even came out. The majority of illegals do not commit offensive crime, the kind you are talking about. There are more cartel members that are American citizens in America and Arizona than Mexicans. I would say you should worry more about your American neighbors for that fear as they are statistically more likely to blow your head off!!!
Try making work visas easier to obtain, stop the sell of weapons in AZ to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Do something that would actually work to draw law abiding citizens to AZ instead of criminals. That would be a start!

Here, read some different takes on the story, maybe it will calm you down:
Arizona Capitol Times » Blog Archive » Illegal immigrant inmates drops in Maricopa County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,382,341 times
So you're anti-guns, pro-immigration?

I immigrated to the US. I am anti-illegal immigration, because I had to go through the process. I am pro-gun, because I came from a communist country where citizens could not own guns, and the government had all the power.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
So you're anti-guns, pro-immigration?

I immigrated to the US. I am anti-illegal immigration, because I had to go through the process. I am pro-gun, because I came from a communist country where citizens could not own guns, and the government had all the power.
So, you're pro "sell guns to the Cartel then"? You're against work Visa's for foreign workers? That's what I stated, or are you not talking to me?
What I said has nothing to do with your comment!

Do you really think Phoenix is unsafe due to belligerent, crime driven kidnapping illegals? Do you believe that people should be cautious moving to AZ in fear of becoming a victim to an illegal? Do you believe that after moving to AZ you will be asked to pay an exorbitant amount of funds to keep you safe from terrorist illegals?
Well, just so you know, I don't, I think it's bs.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
...Try making work visas easier to obtain, stop the sell of weapons in AZ to every Tom, Dick and Harry....
This is what I'm referring to.

As long as every Tom, Dick and Harry are lawful citizens and not criminals, I don't see a problem.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
So, you're pro "sell guns to the Cartel then"? You're against work Visa's for foreign workers? That's what I stated, or are you not talking to me?

Do you really think Phoenix is unsafe due to belligerent, crime driven kidnapping illegals? Do you believe that people should be cautious moving to AZ in fear of becoming a victim to an illegal? Do you believe that after moving to AZ you will be asked to pay an exorbitant amount of funds to keep you safe from terrorist illegals?
Yes I'm against lenient visas for foreign workers.

I work with companies that hire foreign workers. The amount of abuse that goes on to hire cheap foreign workers at the expense of local American workers is insane. You have no idea what goes on.

And I'm against illegal immigration. I had to wait 13 years to immigrate to the US. Why do illegal immigrants get to skirt the law and still reap the rewards? If they want to come here, do it legally. Wait, go through the process like I did. I dont' care if they committ crime or not. Illegal is illegal. They don't belong here if they're illegal.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:42 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,306,722 times
I suspect the interests of Federal and State law enforcement might not be the same on this issue. Somehow I don't see Sheriff Joe and Sheriff Paul being all that worried about Mexicans being kidnapped and returned to Mexico no matter what horrible fate befalls them once they get there. Sheriff Paul might like to watch from his new helicopter, but I doubt if he'd risk anything to stop them.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
This is what I'm referring to.

As long as every Tom, Dick and Harry are lawful citizens and not criminals, I don't see a problem.

They aren't lawful, and are criminals that was my point! Ug, we have nothing in place to stop them from buying. Law abiding citizens wouldn't have an issue with my point.

AndroidAZ;18656344(Yes I'm against lenient visas for foreign workers.

I work with companies that hire foreign workers. The amount of abuse that goes on to hire cheap foreign workers at the expense of local American workers is insane. You have no idea what goes on.

And I'm against illegal immigration. I had to wait 13 years to immigrate to the US. Why do illegal immigrants get to skirt the law and still reap the rewards? If they want to come here, do it legally. Wait, go through the process like I did. I dont' care if they committ crime or not. Illegal is illegal. They don't belong here if they're illegal.)

I have more of an idea than you think. I didn't propose in my post that illegal immigrants get to skirt the law. I suggested changing the law so that those who simply want to come over and work could do it legally and go home safely. My point was to make it legal to work here.

I can see by your sentiment that you are one of those people that just want it to be as hard in life or harder than you've had it. That has nothing to do with Americas immigration laws, it's your personal feeling. I personally don't care if everyone has had as hard a time in life as me, if I could make it easier on someone I would. Just a different view, thats all.
I feel that if we could make it legal for Mexicans who just want the chance to work and save money for their families and go back home then why not? Then they wouldn't have to accept cheap wages and we could even the playing field. If it cost as much to hire a legal working Mexican as it does an American then this would make things better here, they could be taxed and have records. Right now they accept the cheap pay and harassment because they are illegal, hard to turn down for some businesses. Take that away and they have the same balls as any man! They will demand to be paid and treated fairly. Case closed.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 PM

523 posts, read 936,914 times
Quote:

It is more they are trying to get a handle on the problem before it gets even worse.

Sure we all want to pay less taxes for this problem, but it isn't going away.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,246 times
Quote:
I am personally sick of Republicans blowing beheadings and such out of proportion to further a political agenda. The only thing I see AZ sticking out for is an example for Republican ideals. It's my opinion that AZ isn't a hot bed of crime for all to worry themselves sick about but a hot bed of Republicans blowing illegal immigration related crime up like a hot air balloon to ride on. That I think should stop!
It's BS and steams from the same old tactics used time and time again.

Yikes, this seems a tad off topic, wonder if the mod caught this one.

That said, there are steps that could end this border issue if that is what the intentions of the majority of business leaders was in the country but it is not. Pleading to the laymen of this state about crime intentionally fueled by big business and politicos isn't going to solve anything. So in that I agree, this isn't a worthy thread in my opinion as with others, it's not valid because it isn't based on truth. It's "Jan" politics, it is my opinion that all the Republicans do as of late is cry about everything. Jan Brewer has ended up hurting the reputation of a state she is suppose to be serving the best interest of. Go figure!!!

If it isn't a worthy thread why bother to post. The thread is about telling gun shops to sell guns to cartels. What does that have to do with Republicans? It is the Feds that did this and not the republicans in the state.

Illegal immigration is down in AZ, it was before 1070 even came out. The majority of illegals do not commit offensive crime, the kind you are talking about. There are more cartel members that are American citizens in America and Arizona than Mexicans. I would say you should worry more about your American neighbors for that fear as they are statistically more likely to blow your head off!!!
Try making work visas easier to obtain, stop the sell of weapons in AZ to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Do something that would actually work to draw law abiding citizens to AZ instead of criminals. That would be a start!

At least you commented about the guns at the end. I would agree to making Visas easier to obtain when our unemployment rate is at about 5%. Americans should not be FORCED to pay for illegals in this country.

Here, read some different takes on the story, maybe it will calm you down:
Arizona Capitol Times » Blog Archive » Illegal immigrant inmates drops in Maricopa County

That Federal employees allowed guns to be sold to the cartel and not monitored...and other Federal employees are eventually killed with these weapons is indeed a worthy thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area