Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,444,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwalton View Post
Ironically, blacks typically think that all blacks who aren't celebrities are poor.
What a generalization. I have done pretty well for myself and most of my college friends are doing extremely well. I do not delude myself into thinking that we represent the majority. It is comical to me that when some of us get a few bucks in our pockets all racial injustices are resolved. If I were that shallow, I could have stayed home and continued to earn my income to buy more crap to make myself feel accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Oh please. Don't be so naive/PC. No one said ALL Blacks this or ALL Hispanics that. Dust off your glasses and you'll see the word USUALLY. Here's Median Income In The US By Race - Business Insider
I think it is sad that you had to post this to prove a point to a black person. Wow!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueDawg02 View Post
My wife and I are African american family with 4 young children under 9, we relocated here from pennsylvania. we moved to Ahwatukee area, it has everything we can possibly need and we love it. A rated Kyrene school district, resteraunts etc.. mountain views and nice palm trees all over. The high school mountain pointe won state championship in football. This is a really nice place. I commute to the city every morning, its traffic but not bad. I work for State of Arizona Child Protective Services. No i wasnt the one who was missing those cases, we just moved here last month.
Thanks for getting this thread back on track. I am happy that you are doing well. I briefly visited Tempe and Ahwatukee. I really liked it but I want to come back and stay for a couple of months to get a real feel for the place and possibly find a job. I am trying to work out the logistics. Does any one know of an extended stay hotel? I was thinking of coming in February and staying through April. Unfortunately, it is high season for the snow birds and it is expensive.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,192,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Thanks for getting this thread back on track. I am happy that you are doing well. I briefly visited Tempe and Ahwatukee. I really liked it but I want to come back and stay for a couple of months to get a real feel for the place and possibly find a job. I am trying to work out the logistics. Does any one know of an extended stay hotel? I was thinking of coming in February and staying through April. Unfortunately, it is high season for the snow birds and it is expensive.
There are several such places around, including in the Ahwatukee?tempe areas. You are right about the season, though. Come later, no earlier than end of April, and rates will go down.

Back to topic.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There are several such places around, including in the Ahwatukee?tempe areas. You are right about the season, though. Come later, no earlier than end of April, and rates will go down.

Back to topic.
Makes sense.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:25 PM

24 posts, read 31,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
your welcome, i hope you make it back, actually there is an extended stay on 50th st near the heart of ahwatukee off of ray rd near shopping restaurants movies etc... i actually stayed in that extended stay when i first came to ahwatukee its about 200 a week

Old 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueDawg02 View Post
your welcome, i hope you make it back, actually there is an extended stay on 50th st near the heart of ahwatukee off of ray rd near shopping restaurants movies etc... i actually stayed in that extended stay when i first came to ahwatukee its about 200 a week
I've decided to stay put for now. The sun terrifies me. I will only take a chance if I am offered a good paying job. The adventure in me is gone. I am glad that you are doing well.

The info on the extended stay place is good. Two hundred a week is not bad. Who knows what the future holds. I just hope it is good.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,780,962 times
totally understand goodlife...you gotta want it.....Best of luck to ya!

Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Unfortunately, desire is not always enough. I just want to land on my feet and move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area