Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 49,701 times

Advertisements

I'm starting at ASU downtown this fall and I need to find a studio (or cheap 1 bedroom, I'm not picky) near the school. Let me get this straight, when I say walking distance I mean less than 2.5 miles from the school itself. I'm used to the heat and I have never driven a car anywhere since I moved to Arizona 4 years ago. I could walk further, but I have to consider the weight of text books.

As for my definition of cheap...well...I mean really cheap. I'm a poor college student and I can't afford any of those nice places (like roosevelt square or The Met) that are near the school. I'm paying about $530 a month (with utilities) now, but it's a bit far from the school and I'd prefer something cheaper as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,941,658 times
Any chance of living in the dorms on campus?

Check out Craigslist...there are some stuff on there. For example...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/apa/2335558306.html (broken link)

Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM

652 posts, read 2,711,718 times
I lived in Roosevelt Square - great location but I was a little dissatisfied with the quality of the apartment given the relatively high price.

Also check out 44 Monroe.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I lived in Roosevelt Square - great location but I was a little dissatisfied with the quality of the apartment given the relatively high price.

Also check out 44 Monroe.
Can't say I wouldn't love to live at 44 Monroe, but it's not inexpensive at all. I think a studio there is about $1200 or so a month. Not at all in my price range. I don't even make that much in a month at my fulltime job...that I'm going to have to cut hours at for school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Any chance of living in the dorms on campus?

Check out Craigslist...there are some stuff on there. For example...

Incredible apartments at Red Brick Apartments-Great downtown Phoenix location! (http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/apa/2335558306.html - broken link)
The dorms are much much more expensive than living off-campus. 10 months in a dorm is almost as expensive as tuition for a year and that doesn't even take into account the meal plan.

I've been looking at Craigslist, but I'm really hoping that isn't a comprehensive look at what's available. If it is...I'm screwed.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 AM

8 posts, read 24,319 times
I think I can help you my friend. Continental apts on 3rd st and roosevelt. They give discounts to ASU students. I pay 400 a month to live here and that's includung utilities

Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidephx View Post
I think I can help you my friend. Continental apts on 3rd st and roosevelt. They give discounts to ASU students. I pay 400 a month to live here and that's includung utilities
That sounds much more like my price range, thanks a lot!

I hadn't even heard of that one, shows how good internet advertising is I suppose.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
I've gone by there on the bus several times. Older building, but looks well kept. Funny, there used to be apts by the same name, with the same sign, and a very similar building, by the Tempe campus. Hope it works out for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: