Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:29 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times

Advertisements

We were driving on the Loop a few years back behind a cement truck, 2 cars back, and one of the biggest boulders fell off the truck (no protective tarp or whatever it should have been). The car directly behind it saw it and swerved into a lane with no traffic. We didn't see it being behind that car. It hid the underside of the car and messed it up big time. IF it had come through windshield and hit us both...
We had a witness stop and give us his name/number. We got the truck name/company but no plate number. Insurance said we were at fault for not swerving out of its' path. I told her we didn't see it, but if we had and went into a lane with traffic, that would have been better? Anyways, I went ballistic (understatement) and they said it was then "No fault," after that. But, they were gonna fault us with it before. Nationwide is not on your side. But, you've gotta fight with these things. And, talked with the supervisor, not the first one in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 AM

6 posts, read 7,233 times
Wow! That was horrible! Glad that you weren't hurt.You were fortunate that you had a witness stop. There were many people at our intersection accident yet no one stopped. Yes, these insurance companies claim to be on your side until you file a claim. Our biggest frustration is that the people whose car in the front told one story at the scene and then just changed their story after talking to the rear car's insurance company. I always thought that would require proof or a witness but I guess all you have to do is just change your story and it is taken as fact.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,306 times
Have you tried posting a sign with your contact info at the intersection?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
When it comes to car insurance, you get what you pay for - don't just take the cheapest policy. Do your research on the quality of the company. You did that when you bought your car, didn't you?

A place to start: Ratings | J.D. Power

(Note: I consider myself incredibly lucky to be eligible for USAA. The only good thing I got from my first marriage was lifetime eligibility for USAA insurance and a nice cat.)

Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM

46 posts, read 181,641 times
good luck and I hope you find a witness but your insurance company should be the ones making sure you do not pay since it comes out of their pocket. Being pushed into someone can be tricky since you might have been to close. I rear ended a lady in a minivan years ago after she went off the road and then swerved back onto it through bushes and all and I was considered at fault for not keeping my vehicle in control. How much damage was done to the car in front of you that you hit? If it was a lot that right there I would think would be enough to say the originator of the accident is at full fault

Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,233 times
Thank you. They had considerable damage and our vehicle is considered totalled meaning the rear ending was quite intense. There were injuries in the front car and also to someone in our car. The end car's insurance company just doesn't want to pay all the medical and repair costs. THis way it gives the front car more payout for medical expenses. All in all, please stop when someone witnesses an accident even though it may look like a typical accident. Insurance companies will do anything to save paying out and it is so frustrating when you aren't at fault but don't have any witnesses to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area