Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM

15 posts, read 33,061 times

Advertisements

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the quick reply. I know about all of that as my brother-in-law's son lives there. I'm actually questioning about the place we will be living at which is called ""The Edge at Lyon's Gate". It used to be called Alexan. I read a few bad reviews online, and I just wanted to get some feedback from other sources. If I was able to stay in AZ for another day, I would have stopped people at the apartment complex, but due to time constraints, I wasn't able to do this. I have checked the area for crime, and it seems to be a pretty safe area considering how much commerce is there.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainerdud View Post
Hi Tracy, Thanks for the quick reply. I know about all of that as my brother-in-law's son lives there. I'm actually questioning about the place we will be living at which is called ""The Edge at Lyon's Gate". It used to be called Alexan. I read a few bad reviews online, and I just wanted to get some feedback from other sources. If I was able to stay in AZ for another day, I would have stopped people at the apartment complex, but due to time constraints, I wasn't able to do this. I have checked the area for crime, and it seems to be a pretty safe area considering how much commerce is there.
I don't know anyone that lives in the apartments, but know several that live in single family homes in the same area. No one has mentioned any problems with critters. You may hear a train whitsle every now and then. Other than that, your experience may depend on your immediate neighbors.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainerdud View Post
I have checked the area for crime, and it seems to be a pretty safe area considering how much commerce is there.
Gilbert has often (and recently) been named one of the safest cities in the nation. Crime should not be a concern, whatsoever.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 PM

That's what my brother-in-law's son said, and what the crime website showed. Makes me happy.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Never lived there, but I have lived in a few Apartments in the area (which will end next month thank GOD, as I will be a home owner). The only Apartment I have ever lived in that reminded me of home living, with a great layout and awesome clean grounds was Cambria Luxury Apartments. Its great for walking dogs, its tree lined, the there are no outside stairs, the door is at the bottom and the stars are inside, so no one banging on your stairs when your trying to sleep. Downside, the staff manager is not so nice a woman, but if you can just go out of your way not to talk to her, then your OK. The place is gated, which to some is a good thing but to me it was a hassle. CLose to parks and schools. I looked at Lyons Gate 2 years ago and was not impressed. Very low end crowd, could hear BOOM BOOM BOOM coming out of a prospective neighbors apartment, and no one seem to care.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM

I wonder now that it's two years later if things have changed.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Very low end crowd, could hear BOOM BOOM BOOM coming out of a prospective neighbors apartment, and no one seem to care.
I lived in Gilbert for a few years, and never saw anyone who would qualify as a member of a "low end crowd."

Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 PM

I guess I'm a low end crowd, because I'm moving there.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
I lived in Gilbert for a few years, and never saw anyone who would qualify as a member of a "low end crowd."
well, gilberts is an awesome place, but there are all types in every city and town. All Im saying is that Its hard to find an apartment where you don't live with the low end of the spectrum. I did name one however. Gilbert itself is a conservative Mormon town, your going to find very polite upstanding citizens for the most part. Youre not going to find pushy mormons like I experienced when I moved to Boise a while back, your not going to experience Violent crime, but there are inconsiderate people in this world, and I have found that they generally live in apartments.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 AM

I'm more concerned about the scorpions, black widow and recluse spiders. That's my fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area