Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM

162 posts, read 430,617 times

Advertisements

I promissed my 7 yr old that I would take her to the arcades as a reward for doing good in school. I have no idea where there is a decent one around here, I'm just not the video game playing type (even though I used to be a technician at Nintendo...that's actually what turned me off to them).
We're in Peoria, any good arcades for kids? I want to make it special for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendesert View Post
I promissed my 7 yr old that I would take her to the arcades as a reward for doing good in school. I have no idea where there is a decent one around here, I'm just not the video game playing type (even though I used to be a technician at Nintendo...that's actually what turned me off to them).
Dave and Busters - Desert Ridge at 101 and Tatum

Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM

I forgot to mention, we're in Peoria. Anything closer to the NW side?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM

142 posts, read 933,661 times
Quote:
I forgot to mention, we're in Peoria. Anything closer to the NW side?
I live in NW Glendale and we always end up at Dave and Busters off of Tatum. It's actually only a 15 min drive from the 101 and 75th ave. You could go to Jumpstreet but they don't have too many games or even Castles and Coasters but I try to stay away from there, don't really think it's that safe. Dave and Busters is usually pretty clean and enclosed and I find it easier to keep an eye on the kids. Once in a while I treat my son and a friend to a trip to CrackerJax which is on Scottsdale Road just south of Frank Lloyd Wright. It's a bit of a drive but a lot of fun and I treat them to one fun thing like the Go-Karts or the bumper boats and then let them play in the arcade.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:44 PM

sounds like it's going to be Dave and Busters thanks folks.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM

401 posts, read 2,605,015 times
Theres a driving range in North Scottsdale that has multiple "levels" where you can hit off of. Theres also a mini golf course but inside the main building, there are a ton of arcade games. I think its off of Shea but Im not sure. Im sure if you googled it you could find it....

Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
I believe that is Crackerjax

Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
You're correct. But the o/p lives in Peoria.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 PM

9 posts, read 12,248 times
Default Good place for arcade games

Quote:
Hi, I used to take my twin boys to GameWorks at Arizona Mills Mall off of the 60 and Priest. It is fun. I am not into too many arcade games but they had such a huge variety of games that I found things to play that were actually fun; like one game where we each sat in a buckled seat and rode up and down as in a hot air balloon and popped each others balloons. There was also the game where you roll the ball into the numbered slots, etc...there are tons of games and there is a place to eat inside. Then, of course you are in the mall where there is also the Rainforest cafe which is a cool place for kids to go and eat. The food isn't great but the experience is nice. Then, there is shopping and a movie theater...so you can't lose going to a place like this with girls no matter what age. And, the mall also has a food court with a merry go round and a few cool kid things. Check it out. I think it would be a fun adventure day for you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area