U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 PM
hts hts started this thread

603 posts, read 1,105,533 times
Default Best/cheapest place to buy travertine in Phoenix?

Just moved back to the Valley and need to purchase versailles pattern travertine for our flooring. I've seen some ads on CL for around $2.25 sq/ft, but it's crap. I've been to some nice showrooms (Cactus, Arizona Tile) and they're around $5 sq ft.

I'd really like to find some nice quality (premium) travertine for under $3 sq ft--any suggested sources?

Also need some granite remnants (and someone looking to fabricate/install countertops on the side) if anyone has a referral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 08:16 PM

1,931 posts, read 1,223,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hts View Post
Just moved back to the Valley and need to purchase versailles pattern travertine for our flooring. I've seen some ads on CL for around $2.25 sq/ft, but it's crap. I've been to some nice showrooms (Cactus, Arizona Tile) and they're around $5 sq ft.

I'd really like to find some nice quality (premium) travertine for under $3 sq ft--any suggested sources?

Also need some granite remnants (and someone looking to fabricate/install countertops on the side) if anyone has a referral.
Check this people out Bullnose Travertine Tile, Travertine Wall Tile, Travertine Tile Flooring, Travertine Porcelain Tile, Travertine Floors, Travertine Flooring, Travertine Ceramic Tile, Travertine Tile, Travertine Floor Tiles, Travertine Wall Tiles | Floor & Decor Outle

They have several locations in the valley. I don't know how far $3/sq ft is going to take you, but give these folks a shot.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM

3,414 posts, read 4,845,374 times
please remember that you often get what you pay for.....

Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 AM

5,803 posts, read 5,300,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
please remember that you often get what you pay for.....
I think this bears repeating. (though I agree that looking for remnants of granite for small counter tops, like in a bathroom, can be a very good tactic. Call around to the better fabricators and ask if they have a "boneyard.")

Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 AM

798 posts, read 1,546,601 times
Try Floor & Decor, very reasonable prices. Here is the link:

Floor & Decor - Store Locator

For granite and travertine also try this place:

Tanner Materials Tile and Stone

Old 06-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks all. I ended up getting some nice noce versailles pattern travertine for $2.70 sq/ft (I needed 3,900 sq ft). I went to Floor & Decor yesterday for some noce shower soap dishes--thanks!

I also found a number of boneyards that were willing to sell me rems for a fair price. I check out Tanner Materials too--thanks!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 PM

Thanks. I discovered Rock Bottom when I was shopping around as well, but their shipping costs killed th deal for me (I needed 4,500 sq ft of versailles travertine). After some exhaustive research, I found a little place in Mesa that was able to provide a very competitive price on some nice quality stone.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 PM

3,734 posts, read 3,111,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hts View Post
[mod cut-- reference to deleted post] After some exhaustive research, I found a little place in Mesa that was able to provide a very competitive price on some nice quality stone.
Was it these guys Imperial Wholesale ??

Last edited by observer53; 09-19-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 04:09 PM

5,803 posts, read 5,300,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Was it these guys Imperial Wholesale ??
I've used Imperial Wholesale for carpet. Prices were great, customer service was excellent, quality of install was okay (I would have probably made them come back except we were putting the house on the market anyway).

Some great stuff out there - especially if you are looking for vessel sinks.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,559 posts, read 11,472,362 times
We used granite rems on our last house and it saved a TON of $$$ and looked great. Using 2 CM instead of 3 saved some dollars and with the right edge it looks as though it is 3 cm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area