Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:04 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,037,795 times

Advertisements

MOuntain Pointe and a Chandler school would be the best places. Yes, a lot of the kids are nice in Maricopa and yes, the teachers are great, but the small town feel and mentality of some long-time fmailies kind of brings down the expectations of some. I know half the staff in the district and they really are hard-working, but they will be the first to tell you it's the mentality of some of hte families that makes it hard to get through to the kids. Though it might start a debate, I would not hesitate to say you have more educated families at the MP area and they value and enforce education more and the teachers appreciate the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,587,397 times
Why move to an area if you won't enroll your children in their home school?

The kids are good enough to be your neighbor (?) but not good enough to go to school with your children. If the area is that questionable don't move there.
Count your lucky stars that Arizona has open enrollment.

For an alternative to great schools (disgruntled parents vs stats) I use:

Arizona schools data and statistics

Arizona School Report Cards - Home

Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
I'm thinking about moving to Maricopa city because of the great deals on homes there. I live in Tonopah right now and I hate it. Can someone from there please let me know about the area and do you get more rain than the west does?

Old 02-11-2012, 07:59 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,568,073 times
I have a couple of friends there. One son graduated with honors from Maricopa high and is now attending ASU on a full ride scholarship as a science major. The other friend sends her kids to Horizons charter school about 20 min away in Ahwatukee. http://www.horizonclc.org/So (broken link), (I think there is a bus of some sort)I wouldn't worry that much. The worse that could happen is your child finds his Senior year a lot easier and gets good grades which will only help. I hear it's easier, but , don't know if thats really true.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:01 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,568,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Wiseman View Post
I'm thinking about moving to Maricopa city because of the great deals on homes there. I live in Tonopah right now and I hate it. Can someone from there please let me know about the area and do you get more rain than the west does?
Some like it some hate it out there. You'd have to come take a look. As for rain I don't think you'll get anymore than Tonopah. They could use it because of the bad air quality out there so they pray for it more. Cowtown is out there. I hear they are working on the air but you might want to check into it. I hear it's some of the worst in the country.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,906,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Desert Vista is usually full and won't take out of boundary students. That's the only reason I didn't mention it. Same with Corona del Sol. Marcos de Niza might be another option.
true about DV. Corona is starting to recruit outside their areas now, so you might be able to get in there. MP is also a good school. personally, i would not send my kids to Marcos de Niza over Mountain Pointe.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM

63 posts, read 111,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
true about DV. Corona is starting to recruit outside their areas now, so you might be able to get in there. MP is also a good school. personally, i would not send my kids to Marcos de Niza over Mountain Pointe.
I remember reading recently that Desert Vista has open enrollment now.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:47 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,906,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demog View Post
I remember reading recently that Desert Vista has open enrollment now.
they do but it is capped and the demand is always greater than the number of desks available. in 2010 there were only 40 spots there, i'm not sure how many this year. probably similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area