Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 4,897 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I was wondering if there was any popular thread with a list of managed apartment complexes (in Tempe preferably) that I might be able to go through? I take you nice people are probably bombarded with the same questions again and again!

I'm going to move to the Phoenix area and I'm looking for a place to stay with the following characteristics
1) Preferably in Tempe
2) Close to the light rail
3) Nice to have some restaurants/stores around.
4) Not entirely overrun by students. I realize this might conflict with #1
5) Managed building or complex, which has decent amenities (fitness center and all that).

I think I'm willing to pay $1000-$1700 for maybe a 1-2 bedroom - mid of that range will probably be ideal.

I looked at the site of West 6th - it seems nice but its Facebook page suggested tons of students there (I guess it's in student range when you split rent.) I also looked at The Pavilions on Central's site but find too many negative comments about it online in terms of quality/maintenance.

I'm thinking of coming to Phoenix/Tempe sometime in the second half of July to stay there for 4-6 days, get a bit comfortable with the areas, look around, and sign up for something. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! If I should have provided more information, please let me know!

Thank you for your help, to me and, in general, to everyone who comes looking for information!

AG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 09:17 PM

20 posts, read 43,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axago View Post
Hi there!

I was wondering if there was any popular thread with a list of managed apartment complexes (in Tempe preferably) that I might be able to go through? I take you nice people are probably bombarded with the same questions again and again!

I'm going to move to the Phoenix area and I'm looking for a place to stay with the following characteristics
1) Preferably in Tempe
2) Close to the light rail
3) Nice to have some restaurants/stores around.
4) Not entirely overrun by students. I realize this might conflict with #1
5) Managed building or complex, which has decent amenities (fitness center and all that).

I think I'm willing to pay $1000-$1700 for maybe a 1-2 bedroom - mid of that range will probably be ideal.

I looked at the site of West 6th - it seems nice but its Facebook page suggested tons of students there (I guess it's in student range when you split rent.) I also looked at The Pavilions on Central's site but find too many negative comments about it online in terms of quality/maintenance.

I'm thinking of coming to Phoenix/Tempe sometime in the second half of July to stay there for 4-6 days, get a bit comfortable with the areas, look around, and sign up for something. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! If I should have provided more information, please let me know!

Thank you for your help, to me and, in general, to everyone who comes looking for information!

AG
Don't let online reviews alone scare you away from an apartment, especially apartmentratings.com.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
I agree with about online reviews. Angry, biased persons are more likely to leave reviews. You'd think the place I live in Tempe was a bug infested hellhole based on the ratings. While this place isn't paradise it's not what the reviews make it out to be.

You'll have plenty of options in Tempe for that price and under but you'll always get a lot of students (not always bad if you avoid the party crowd).

This place looks nice and might be worth your investigation time.

Grigio - Home

Old 06-27-2011, 04:42 AM

Point taken :-) and that's why I posted over here as I thought somebody might be able to offer an opinion regarding those and other places.

As such, students are not bad in themselves. I'm in my almost-mid-30s and like a little quiet - especially at nights. So, I'd just like to be a bit away from major partying scenes. I was hoping to, perhaps, price them out in selecting an apartment :-)

Thanks for the recommendation about Grigio. I'll check it out. I was hoping to create a list of places that I might look at when I come there. But I wasn't quite sure how to find all the possible managed properties besides uncovering them randomly via searches. So, I'll appreciate any other suggestions as well.

Thanks again!

AG

Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
You'll find no shortage of living options along the light rail in Tempe. The Grigio buildings will likely be the nicest and since you are willing to pay the extra cash it's probably the places you'll like best. Whenever you get here, however, you can ride the rail and check out all the places.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
There's also Lofts at Rio Salado, just to the west of Tempe. Not a lot of shopping right there, but it's a nice complex, right on the rail. I'd look at Grigio first, just because it's closer in.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 AM

44 posts, read 109,860 times
You might try Rent.com for a listing of apartments in the cities of your choice. Good luck with your move.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Thank you, both of you! I will check out both the Lofts site and the Rent.com site!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,698,737 times
You get what you pay for applies in Phoenix. If you are wanting a 2 bedroom with utilities for $800 you will get a dumpy apartment. I really have nothing great to say about Tempe apartments minus the new ones.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,554 times
I'm looking for almost the same thing as axago since I may be moving from NY to Phoenix in 1-2 months, minus #4 (don't care) and with a smaller budget for rent ~800$, I only need 1 bedroom. I can spend more but only if I have to, I want to look around for a year and eventually get my own place. I'm into pretty much everything I can get my hands on (o; sports, night life, physical activities, etc.) I'm a single professional in late 20s. I will be working in Tolleson but want to live around the younger crowd and I don't mind a 30 min commute. I'm looking for an apartment complex but is it possible to rent a small house for around 1000$ somewhere in Tempe? What are the new apartment complexes shiphead has mentioned? Can you please list some of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area