Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 33,162 times

Advertisements

Hello to anyone reading this. I'm a 34 year old black male from the east coast who just moved to Phoenix. While I DO NOT expect Phoenix to be anything like Atlanta, Charlotte, D.C., or Chicago(that just wouldn't be fair) as far as beautful black women are concerned. But I would like someone to let me know where and when I can go to meet "MY PEOPLE." I've been out a little bit and I simply have not seen any professional or plain down-to-earth beautiful sistas. I mean, I have seen a couple driving thier cars here and there but I haven't even had the chance to talk to one yet. This city definitely appears to be lacking in the black folks department. Can someone out there change my mind and help me give this southwestern town a fair chance and turn my frown upside down.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Mmm, AZ in general is lacking in the black folks department. Some moved here last few years from New Orleans. I can't really help you with that, but I can recommend a social group with chapters in many cities and the Phoenix chapter in particular is large and very active! There's quite a bit of diversity among the members.

Check it out if you'd like: meetin.org

Sorry it's not a clickable link. Something's wrong with the forum again and it's messing up the links.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Moderator cut: off topic

Now, to answer your question: Phoenix is predominately white and Latino, as are many other cities in the west/southwest. There are a good share of black people here too ... at least from what I've seen. I'm not sure of the exact percentage.

One thing you'll find about this city is that most everybody isn't looking to hang with "their people". People here seem to mix well with the different ethnic backgrounds. If you want to get along well here, I'd suggest you do the same.

Last edited by Marka; 08-11-2007 at 04:41 AM..

Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,167 times
Caveat: I am 100% a heterosexual white woman so I hope this doesnt sound stupid, but in my travels to Phoenix area, I have seen some attractive young black women. They are there.

According to at least some 2005 Census Data (quickest thing I could Google), the % of black persons in Phoenix then was about 5%. By contrast, for the City of Cleveland that % was 51%. Huge huge demographic difference.

I suspicion it also all depends where in Arizona you are. For example, even tho Cleveland is 51% black, in the City I live in (a suburb give or take 20 miles outside Cleveland) only 1.1% of the residents are black.

Notwithstanding, so long as you meet NICE women, is skin color really that relevant? I personally would far far prefer a NICE partner/companion who was purple with orange spots to some of the really not nice at all white men I have met. ;-) Your mileage may differ of course.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:06 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
I was cruising down Scottsdale rd and noticed a back street that had like 3 different clubs on it and one of them seemed like a black club or at least there were ton of hot sistas going in and my tongue was sticking out like a German Shepherd!

I can't remember the name I think it was called Next and it was at the corner of 5th Ave and Craftsman Ct. in Scottsdale, have you ever been to that club?
If not, I think you should stop by there on a Friday/Saturday night.

Most black guys seem to know how to dress in good style so if you got $$ and style I think you will have no problem, if not you're better of hanging out at a local Church's Chicken (no pun intended) cause whether you are white, latino or black, I sensed most girls hanging out at clubs in that part of the town are either wannabes or golddiggers but of course may be you are OK with that?

If I were you, I would socialize with people around you regardless of their skin color just so that you could create a network of people which would greately increase your chance of meeting the type of girl you desire....and there is always the freaks on Craig's List!

Have fun!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,525 times
sup brotha....blk...M...25...tryin to find da same thing...from TeXaS...peep ya boy...peace

Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by International360 View Post
Hello to anyone reading this. I'm a 34 year old black male from the east coast who just moved to Phoenix. While I DO NOT expect Phoenix to be anything like Atlanta, Charlotte, D.C., or Chicago(that just wouldn't be fair) as far as beautful black women are concerned. But I would like someone to let me know where and when I can go to meet "MY PEOPLE." I've been out a little bit and I simply have not seen any professional or plain down-to-earth beautiful sistas. I mean, I have seen a couple driving thier cars here and there but I haven't even had the chance to talk to one yet. This city definitely appears to be lacking in the black folks department. Can someone out there change my mind and help me give this southwestern town a fair chance and turn my frown upside down.
If your weren't so "old", I'd suggest Tempe and the ASU campus. Try Scottsdale and downtown Phoenix. Or try the personals in one of the local rags and see what kind of response you get. You're right about it not being a "target rich" environment compared to some eastern cities, but they're out there.

Moderator cut: orphaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Caveat: I am 100% a heterosexual white woman....I personally would far far prefer a NICE partner/companion who was purple with orange spots...
SERIOUSLY???? I'm not quite purple and my spots only look orange in certain lighting conditions, but I may be just what you are looking for!

Last edited by Marka; 08-11-2007 at 04:42 AM..

Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 AM

2 posts, read 35,054 times
Default Where are they?

My husband and I just moved here from Los Angeles and you are so right about Phoenix (he's Black, I'm Filipino). We are way out in Buckeye (west of Phoenix) and people from Cali (including Blacks) are starting to move out this way. You should try the area of ASU. Also attend local concerts. One coming up at Celebrity Theater in Phoenix. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 PM

48 posts, read 215,961 times
Have you tired any hip hop venues? I don't know if you like hip hop but the few that I have gone have a very diverse crowd, and I've seen quite a few beautiful black ladies. I don't think you'll find one area where they are all located but they definitely exist. Scottsdale clubs might be a good start.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 PM

648 posts, read 3,089,331 times
pick up a hobby and take a night class at Glendale Community College. or South Mountain Community College. i was taking night classes at the community colleges when i was in my 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area