Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 AM

104 posts, read 240,507 times

Advertisements

Hi, my family and I are coming 08/30-09/06 for vacation. We want to take our 3 year old son to an amusement park. I have checked out a couple online but I want to hear from the locals. What do you recommend?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
I suppose it depends on his attention span. There are trains at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park he might enjoy--> Railroad Park (http://therailroadpark.com/index1.htm - broken link). There are lots of activities at CrackerJax --> www.crackerjax.com. I don't like Castles and Coasters at all - too shabby and seedy for my tastes (it's seen better days)--> www.castlesncoasters.com. My grandson loved the Children's Museum--> Welcome to the Children's Museum of Phoenix. You're all going to have a great time!

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-18-2011 at 08:59 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 08:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Encanto Park.

Phoenix Water Parks | Amusement Ride | Enchanted Island Amusement Park

Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
I suppose it depends on his attention span. There are trains at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park he might enjoy--> Railroad Park (http://therailroadpark.com/index1.htm - broken link). There are lots of activities at CrackerJax --> www.crackerjax.com. I don't like Castles and Coasters at all - too shabby and seedy for my tastes (it's seen better days)--> www.castlesncoasters.com. My grandson loved the Chidlren's Museum--> Welcome to the Children's Museum of Phoenix. You're all going to have a great time!

How about the Enchanted island?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Thanks!!! I am very excited and in need of vacation!!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmc View Post
How about the Enchanted island?
He liked that one, too. He's younger, so as long as you can safely turn him loose to run, he's a cheap date.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
I would avoid Makuto's Island in Chandler. My friend nearly lost her finger there a couple of weeks ago. Her ring got caught on something while going down one of the tube slides.

Freestone Park in Gilbert has a miniature railroad and rides geared to the younger kids. Freestone Railroad: THE FUN NEVER STOPS at Gilbert Arizona's Freestone park! It's open on the weekends.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
They're not really amusement parks but I think the aquariums at the Wildlife World Zoo and Arizona Mills would be something for a child that age to enjoy.

Other than that there's always the waterparks, Big Surf, Wet 'n Wild, and Golfland-Sunsplash.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Our two year old and some of our 3 year old friends just went to Jambo Park this past week - indoor amusements .... all had a blast from what I can tell

Jambo! Park. Indoor Amusement Park in Phoenix & Mesa, Arizona AZ

Although the poster above had a bad experience, I've heard a lot of good things about Makutos Island - although from what I was told it trends a little older

I know my wife has her Phoenix Childrens Museum playdate this week - that place looks neat

Although not an amusement park, our daughter and our friends kids have always enjoyed Imagination Avenue

Imagination Avenue | Indoor Play and Party Center Located in Phoenix AZ

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Other than that there's always the waterparks, Big Surf, Wet 'n Wild, and Golfland-Sunsplash.
Also for that age there are other options as well ..... splashpads are great for that age ... if I remember right you were looking at some places in the west valley ... the Goodyear Community Park (litchfield & thomas) has a splash pad that is pretty good and it's right next to 2 play sets ... it's public & free

The surprise aquatic center (bullard & greenway) is pretty good as well .... it's $5 for non-residents and has a pair of waterslides, diving boards, a couple roped laps, a whirlpool and open space of various depth

However, for a 3 year old probably the main (and only) draw will be there play area ... different water jets, etc with water that will get to chest high on toddlers

The phoenix zoo has probalby one of the best in the metro - it's a whole cavern type of splash pad

Most cities will have something similar though if you are looking outside the west valley .... I'm just not as familiar (and the phx zoo isn't in the west valley)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area