U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM

1,774 posts, read 6,009,155 times

Advertisements

The home warranty co. won't pay for the freon recharge, but, if the a/c is covered in the plan, they would pay to repair the leak that let the freon run out. I'm having a roof leak fixed today that I know my home warranty would cover. But the real work and damage is the drywall and plywood replacement after the job is done and they won't pay for that. So I'm just not bothering them about it. I'll save the call for when the 15 yr. old a/c dies.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM

8,390 posts, read 10,834,533 times
I know a great ac guy, cheap. You could have him fix it, mail her a receipt with the rent and deduct the cost of repair. If she complains then let her set up the court date and pay for it. You will then have the opportunity to explain everything to a judge at her expense. Until then, keep all records of trying to get it fixed through her for court.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 PM

453 posts, read 1,542,498 times
Thanks everyone, I have called attorney general, they don't help, landlord tennat place, they want a months rent to get me out of lease, I don't want out of lease, just a/c fixed. I am sitting here after a weekend of hell in a hell hotel and the a/c men are on the roof now. The home warranty company is finally replacing it--of course they have to, it is broke. But I am so angry right now at the landlord for ignoring the fact that 3 a/c companies told her it needed to be replaced over 6 weeks ago but she refused to replace it out of her pocket. She has disregarded our safety, convienence, etc. I can't imagine being like that to anyone. When she came over Saturday, she stayed less than 10 minutes wiping her brow stating she was going to have lunch. She couldn't stand the heat.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM

that is what happened, the unit is 28 years old and already had the blower motor replaced, charged with freon, but it didn't work. Finally today getting a new a/c--woo-hoo!!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM

10,720 posts, read 19,060,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
I doubt if leaking freon is covered by any HW company; and they would charge for a service call anyway.
It is covered by home warranty companies and is certainly covered by mine(American Home Shield) as I just had this issue. Not only did they refill the Freon the first time, the same problem re-emerged and it turned out to be a leak and they fixed that too. My other warranty company covered my freon leak too. Another reason to get a home warranty if you don't have one It's going to depend on your warranty company and your plan, you get what you pay for so I wouldn't skimp on a warranty company.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM

9,532 posts, read 29,304,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
that is what happened, the unit is 28 years old and already had the blower motor replaced, charged with freon, but it didn't work. Finally today getting a new a/c--woo-hoo!!!!
28 years, Shadow . . . that's absolutely outrageous. You should be reimbursed for all your expenses and aggravation plus.

How long does your ignorant landlord expect an air conditioning system to last?

I would be filing a Small Claims Action if she doesn't offer a reasonable settlement.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM

I know my neighbor told me that everything is original on the house, the air, the roof, etc. 3 a/c companies said it was 28 years old. I am wondering if the previous tenants had trouble last year. I can't imagine this just happening. But it is running now and brand new, it will probably take all day to cool house off but atleast it is new. Has anyone heard of Cool Blue out of Peoria, AZ, that is who she went through. Only took them 1 hour to replace the unit. Does that sound right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area