U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 10,762 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I will be taking our first trip out to the Phoenix area in October. We are seriously considering a move there in May and I want to know what kinds of things we should be looking for or doing while we're there for 4 days. I figured I will come up with a list of schools to tour, maybe look at some apartment complexes, and just drive around to get a feel for the area. I am considering Gilbert, Chandler and possibly Glendale as places to live if we do decide to move. What else should we be looking for/at? We will be taking our second trip in January. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM

339 posts, read 670,036 times
I see the words "school" but I don't see "job". Are you talking about your schooling or schooling for your children? Will you be driving to work or just the grocery store? There are plenty of discussions on this forum about where to live. Transportation is an important consideration and, of course part of the three most important real estate decisions-Location, Location, Location. Tell us more so those who may have similar circumstances can tell you more. October is a weather shoulder month. January can be cold and wet (relatively speaking). Plan to love the weather then but don't forget the rest of the year will be mucho caliente.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:32 PM

2,879 posts, read 4,187,361 times
and once you have location.......it's budget, budget, budget. This will go down as one of the hottest Summers on record. July and August are horrific, but I was actually grilling out last night and in two weeks we will have lows possibly below 70.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,603,707 times
What else is important to you? Shopping - Hiking - Entertainment -Medical facilities - Transportation -Parks - Restaurants..........

Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,615,700 times
May could be a pretty tough time of year to move to AZ, you will expereience the worst of the heat fro about 5 months straight. Sometimes it's better to ease into it after enjoying a beautiful winter.

I suppose it's to coordinate school for the children so maybe you don't have a choice.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:41 PM

6,120 posts, read 5,873,171 times
I don't see that it's worth the time investment to tour a few schools before you are reasonably sure you know where you want to live. I'd spend the limited days you have driving around towns and, possibly, viewing a few pre-screened apts.

And you really need to determine where you will be working BEFORE you select an area to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area