Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hme2143 View Post
You love the topography of your dessert????

Yeah, I think it is quite beautiful.

I would have stayed in Tucson for a while longer if not for the heat, high crime and too many illegals who make the place feel like you are not living in America.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
I think you meant "desert" rather than "dessert". The latter is the last course of a meal.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:10 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, I lived in Tucson for 18 month...........and like many, I left MAINLY because of the month after month of BROILING heat.

But you enjoy the roastosity factor and kaboodles of illegals.......have at it.
Obviously your definition of "broiling" is different from that of most people. I hope you are very happy where you are now. No place is for everyone. (But, people do seem to love to complain about places they no longer live. ) Best of luck to you!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM

157 posts, read 453,166 times
We get it. You don't like the heat or mexicans.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times
many of the schools are a lot worse than the heat, traffic, or gangs--but you can also find affordable housing in some of the best school districts.....Madison ESD certainly does a good job of at least imitating the far better systems in the Eastern USA.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboxerca View Post
Hello, I'm from the bay area and not too long ago my nehighbor had just moved from Phoenix. After 20 yrs he had to get the heck out of the there becuase of the Heat, Traffic, Gangs, and Illegals. I thought it was odd to move from Az to Ca because its usually the other way around (Ca to Az) for retirement. Is it really that bad? I have been there 5 times in the past 2 yrs and I think Az is a nice place and I really would like to relocate. The conversation has been in my head ever since and it can be disturbing at times.
Most large metropolitan areas have areas ridden with gangs and crime, Phoenix is no different. So the answer to your question will rest with you. Can you afford to live in a nicer part of the Phoenix metropolitan area? If the answer is yes then you will have no problems.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Most large metropolitan areas have areas ridden with gangs and crime, Phoenix is no different. So the answer to your question will rest with you. Can you afford to live in a nicer part of the Phoenix metropolitan area? If the answer is yes then you will have no problems.
The gangs tend to stick to their own kind.

Usually if ordinary people don't associate with them, participate in their thuggish activity, or cross them the wrong way, there won't be a problem, even if they live in a not-so-nice area.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacub85 View Post
I moved to Phoenix (north east section near desert ridge) from southern California and the overall feeling of security is definitely higher here for me. In southern California I felt unsafe in a lot of areas, but here I feel safe in most areas. The heat, it is what it is, you just have to deal with it but there is AC everywhere so it's not really a factor. As for illegals, if you live in a decent area, you won't even think twice about them. Being from California, the "illegal problem" here is laughable in comparison. I think it's a wise move and personally, it's the best move I've ever made, I absolutely love it here. Phoenix isn't perfect, but i really cant think of a metro area I've liked more, and I've been to quite a few! Welcome to Arizona if you decide to do it!
I'm also a southern California native and my feelings about the Valley echo yours.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 PM

675 posts, read 1,413,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, I lived in Tucson for 18 month...........and like many, I left MAINLY because of the month after month of BROILING heat.

But you enjoy the roastosity factor and kaboodles of illegals.......have at it.
90 is broiling?? I think 90 in this climate of practically no humidity is not uncomfortable in the least. Now add 25 to that, like we had a few days in August, and then we're talking broiling... but 90?? please.

I will add that the roads and highway system here are fantastic compared to some other places I've been. Most of the major ones are 5 or even 6 lanes in each direction at their heaviest traffic points, and in really good shape.
Nothing like driving along at 20mph bumper to bumper thru downtown LA at 11pm on 4 crappy lanes...

Old 09-10-2011, 02:13 PM

419 posts, read 906,707 times
NO area, except maybe San Diego is perfect.

Almost all areas of the country have major flaws, climate-wise. In places like Chicago, the threads are constantly focused on the winter, snows, ice storms, bitter cold, dreary gray sky days, week after week, very little sunshine etc, etc.

As they say, "YOU HAVE TO PICK YOUR POISON"....:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area