Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 PM

421 posts, read 1,073,138 times

Advertisements

I bought all my LG appliances from

- Home Depot, because they have the best extended waranty plan , i think for $99 for 5 years.

- You can price match with other stores too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 AM

190 posts, read 449,676 times
In the end I had quite a fiasco with the Sears Outlet over a wall oven. First one didn't fit the hole in the wall left by pulling out the Vintage Stainless beauty that came with the house - then it went back - the next one came (which I did NOT order) and it didn't fit the hole either. They took it upon themselves to not return my money to my account buy rather buy me a new oven!!! So that one went back to the store - meanwhile my charge card was totally messed up with things done 'under the table' with no paper trail! I had to have a whole investigation with the card company etc... Huge huge fiasco that I'm still ticked off about - plus they said it was near impossible to fix my situation with my cabinetry.

A wonderful forum member came to my aid and sized up the situation at my home! Said it would be 'do-able' for an oven of my choosing - I was shocked - such a nice guy to help out and said it was not an impossible situation...

Next I went to Home TV and Appliance and found myself a cool wall oven - with all the features I wanted - I told the sales person my install issue and he said to not worry - his installers would make things perfect no matter the situation... I was cautious as that's what I'd heard before - but ordered it then and there - called the forum guy and told him what Home TV and Appliance said.

Do you know they came - did a little sawing etc., even cut through counter top etc.... plunked the oven in the hole and it all was installed as promised - beautifully! I LOVE that store and my appliance .... I took Home TV's price break out to Lowe's - and Lowe's said they simply could not match it. Even with their upcoming 20% off sale - Home TV's price was 20 bucks cheaper...

So now I have a Frigidaire 30 inch wall oven with convection etc...it looks sharp and did great through all my holiday baking projects etc...& this fiasco is over and done with!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 AM

153 posts, read 317,878 times
Frys! Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Kimballette; 01-10-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Consumer complaints are not permitted on City-Data.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Please remember - City-Data does not permit consumer complaints. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
The Great Indoors is another option. It's owned by Sears but it runs independently and offers better service. You pay Sears' level pricing but receive much better customer service. I've had bad luck with Sears and have similar stories with regards to their installation services. The key difference between the Great Indoors and Sears is the Great Indoors will come to your house, take the proper measurements and make certain the appliance fits.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 PM

153 posts, read 317,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Please remember - City-Data does not permit consumer complaints. Thanks.
So we are only supposed to say positive things about all retailers? How can someone respond to recommendations without saying anything negative?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDwiki View Post
So we are only supposed to say positive things about all retailers? How can someone respond to recommendations without saying anything negative?
Well, here's what the Terms of Service you agreed to when you joined City-Data has to say about this:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area