U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 AM

35 posts, read 29,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
I could have asked the LA forum the same question. I know LA and Phoenix are much different. But I thought a valid comparison would be the San Fernando Valley and the city of Phoenix. I haven't been to Phoenix yet but I've spent some time in the SFV.
I live in Brentwood (next to Santa Monica) in LA, and so I was just out in Phoenix for the first time and I would say there are some similarities but with a mix more of Orange County in terms of sprawl, wide open spaces, whereas "the valley" (aka San Fernando Valley) is a bit more dense. Also the mountains in LA are a bit higher then the mini mtns (aka hills I like to see them as). Though further north of Phoenix then you get into the bigger mtns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 PM

1,656 posts, read 1,572,240 times
Phoenix and Los Angeles areas are similar in some ways because both are very spread out and cover a large land area, a lot of which is desert terrain.

The area around where I live in the west valley can be compared more to the San Bernardino area east of Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area