Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Tracy View Post
You can also check into an "equilizer" plan. They will average out the bills for a year and you pay the same amount each month - winter or summer. I've been on it for about 3 years now, and my bill has stayed the same. It helps me with budgeting doing it this way.
Absolutely agree with this. Saves the "sticker shock", and easier to budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 973 times
i live in a north south facing single level 1800 sf home., no pool, keep temp set at 77 degrees, on a basic srp plan, my last bill (for august) was $502...

Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitygirl11 View Post
i live in a north south facing single level 1800 sf home., no pool, keep temp set at 77 degrees, on a basic srp plan, my last bill (for august) was $502...
For one thing, turn that a/c up to 79 or even a bit higher when you are away from home. For a second thing, that's STILL way too high. You've got leaks, wasted usage, don't utilize ceiling fans, don't conserve, don't drop the shades, lack standard screen shades - whatever.

That's just an outrageous bill.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:12 PM

190 posts, read 449,676 times
Default Wow that's too high...

I live in an apartment with an old AC that isn't the best - it's been serviced in major ways twice in the 10 mos. or so I've been here... I guess last week the unit wasn't even working - maintenance never told me - but fixed it outside the house LOL.... I knew it was hotter - but heck it's always hot in summer in AZ. Anyway in the extreme heat I kept it at 80 or 79 -- now that it's normal heat - less than 108... I've been keeping it at 75 to 78 and my bill with it always running (or so it seems) is only $108. It's about 1000 sq. apt. I was thinking it should be more than that - and as far as utilities it's only me - so might be better than if more people were here - but I am not working so I'm here all the time - who knows. So glad it was under 200 bucks to stay cool and comfortable in a summer where extreme heat warnings felt near constant to read in the news....

Anyway good luck with whatever you find out and whatever you decide to do about that big beautiful house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area