U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 AM

671 posts, read 475,630 times
I have no idea if it's the same in Arizona as it is in Alberta - but I can say for a fact that if there is another vehicle in the picture frame here, they will often throw the ticket out. Especially the way you describe the pictures - I would think that the radar is only capable of clocking one vehicle at a time.

We have a first appearance process here where you can go to the court house and speak with a justice of the peace... they can then negotiate a lower a fine with you, throw the ticket out all together or tell you to get stuffed and go to court if you want to fight it.

Your wife probably should have called the courts to check on the process for disputing the charge and you may have been done with this (in a happy way) by now.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:43 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,681,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
I have no idea if it's the same in Arizona as it is in Alberta - but I can say for a fact that if there is another vehicle in the picture frame here, they will often throw the ticket out. Especially the way you describe the pictures - I would think that the radar is only capable of clocking one vehicle at a time.
You know, the more I stare at the photos, the more confused I get. The two photos from front and rear are stamped at the exact same time (down to the second), but the cars are just too far apart in one photo compared to the other for the two photos to have been snapped simultaneously. And it could look like my wife is gaining on the other car or being passed by the other car, depending on which photo was snapped first. I can't tell from the other cars' positions in the photos which was snapped first. If things worked here like in Canada, then this ticket would not have been mailed because, upon close inspection, it's just not clear who is going faster. Though the ticket does say lane 3 tripped the camera and wife is lane 3, if it goes right to left, 1 to 4.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 AM

801 posts, read 1,416,739 times
For those who claim that it is irrelevant that a process server may have lied over this matter, it is not.

And the two wrongs do not make a right string of logic is also odd. Waiting for proper service is not wrong at all. Lying under oath is actually a serious criminal act.

I really can not offer any practical advice for the OP. I know that a couple of the justice courts were throwing out all such tickets on the judge's own motion, regardless of whether someone came to court. But that is obviously not going to happen with a Scottsdale municipal court judge. Any litigation against the process server would have costs far exceeding the fine, and it would be hard to prove (although not the neighbor confirmation part).

An extremely detailed letter to the server's employer, explaining how her actions expose them to all sorts of litigation might make you feel better even if you stop pursuing the matter after that. If she did what you claim, it obviously was not the first time. When more calls, etc. come in with similar complaints, she may be forced to move on to a more honorable occupation like three-card monte dealer.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:25 AM

23 posts, read 20,495 times
grow up man and quit crying pay the fine or go to court
maybe ur neighbor was lying 2u

Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM

13,958 posts, read 16,909,974 times
I don't think complaining about the process server's alleged misconduct will serve any purpose in traffic court. Process servers are licensed by the state-- if there's a complaint process there, that is an option. As far as the ticket is concerned, your wife can go and raise the issues of the multiple car, etc., but I'd be prepared to pay it.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 PM

801 posts, read 1,416,739 times
It does seem hard to believe that a process server would even make three attempts with the very low fee that a city contract for photo radar tix would pay for their services. And the actual server would not receive even that full fee. With the cost of gasoline, etc, making things up seems to be an easier (although illegal) path.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,135,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
You know, the more I stare at the photos, the more confused I get. The two photos from front and rear are stamped at the exact same time (down to the second), but the cars are just too far apart in one photo compared to the other for the two photos to have been snapped simultaneously. And it could look like my wife is gaining on the other car or being passed by the other car, depending on which photo was snapped first. I can't tell from the other cars' positions in the photos which was snapped first. If things worked here like in Canada, then this ticket would not have been mailed because, upon close inspection, it's just not clear who is going faster. Though the ticket does say lane 3 tripped the camera and wife is lane 3, if it goes right to left, 1 to 4.

Multiple cameras, hence the same time.
Get to court already!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Wifey has prepaid legal through work and it's in the lawyer's hands now. Will report back when it's done.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 PM

689 posts, read 669,940 times
As a taxpayer in the City of Scottsdale - it would be nice if Mrs. Rick Lee had not wasted the money of my local government. My family does not go to Cave Creek and **** away your town's money.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Ok, I'll tell her to stay away and stop spending thousands of dollars a month there, since she spend every waking moment outside the house working or shopping in Scottsdale. You might want to tell Scottsdale to stop hiring dishonest process servers. It'd save you some money too. You're funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area