Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 PM

8 posts, read 17,413 times

Advertisements

i really like the weather here. i moved here in january, have been here since. i like the warmth and sun. and warm nights. and winter is pretty beautiful/nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,561,309 times
I think it's a little strange to here than about Florida since I have friends who fled back to Florida and are glad they did. I figured with the beaches that would be a better place but similar. I could understand one of the cold states a bit more I guess. I know better than to leave this wonderful place, I'm an old western girl and need my freedoms. Arizona gives me that plus! I also love the heat so I have no reason to go, but Florida, I would think that would be a beautiful place as well. I've thought about that place a few times.
Maybe hard with the hurricanes though plus it's humid but I hear the beaches are nice out there. What is it you like better about Arizona than Florida if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:08 PM

5 posts, read 28,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I lost my job in MI back in '08 and had to move in with my folks in PA. That lasted 18 months. Saved some money, paid off my car and fled ghastly Scranton. Fulfilled a 22 year dream and moved to Tempe (in Phoenix now).

There's light at the end. You'll be back one day. Good luck.
Hey Bondurant... am actually moving from Northeast PA. Glad to see someone else from the area in Phoenix. Moving in on Tuesday

Old 10-01-2011, 10:51 PM

6,402 posts, read 8,939,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfil322 View Post
Hey Bondurant... am actually moving from Northeast PA. Glad to see someone else from the area in Phoenix. Moving in on Tuesday
Well, I'm not actually from PA. Just lived there for 18 months. It's much better here in Phoenix. You'll like it here. The drive out is rather dull until you hit Texas but it's all worth it.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,484,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamajo View Post
I lost my job about three months ago, and I had to move back home to Florida with my parents....

I so miss Tempe, it's a great little city. Hold on tight to what you've got there, it's a gem.

Peace...
Tempe is a wonderful place to live, work, eat, drink, and have fun, it seems like Mill Avenue is always bustling with activity.

A city with a population of 161,000 isn't so little though.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,484,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacub85 View Post
People here always complain about the weather but seriously, thats when you know we got it good. I love being able to complain about something so minute as the weather. When I was in California I was complaining about getting laid off and not being able to afford anything... So this is a nice change! If this is the only thing to complain about here, we need to look at how badly most of the rest of our country is doing and hug a cactus lol. While I do realize being laid off is the reason of the OP's post, it's not as common as it is in a lot of other parts. Keep looking, you'll find something here and get back out here!
The weather can be a quality of life issue when you factor in the horrendous summertime heat and lack of rainfall.

Not to mention all the dust that has resulted from the above.

A lot of us pay through the nose to keep cool and water our trees and lawns, so it can be expensive when you consider those things.

At the same time no place is perfect. We have it pretty good in other elements compared to other parts of the country but the supposed lower cost of living and summertime heat can't really be considered our assets.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM

453 posts, read 1,623,882 times
I came here as a traveling nurse some 6 years ago as I too had lost my job from a small midwestern town. I had never really been anywhere, but took a chance. After doing my 13 weeks, I went back home for about 4 weeks and made the decision to move back to AZ, I don't even think about IL anymore. Sure I hate the summers here, but we are so close to CA beaches, Flagstaff etc. Where in IL could you drive to beat the cold winters without traveling far? This is my home now and we love it here.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM

727 posts, read 1,529,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
I came here as a traveling nurse some 6 years ago as I too had lost my job from a small midwestern town. I had never really been anywhere, but took a chance. After doing my 13 weeks, I went back home for about 4 weeks and made the decision to move back to AZ, I don't even think about IL anymore. Sure I hate the summers here, but we are so close to CA beaches, Flagstaff etc. Where in IL could you drive to beat the cold winters without traveling far? This is my home now and we love it here.
Six in one hand, half a dozen of the other. You'd be complaining about winters if you stayed in IL. Here in VA we complain about the summers and the winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area