Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,779,962 times

Advertisements

I knew it was all a farce, when I saw 75 USD for 3.5 grams at a dispensary in LA. Black market prices where never that high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't think marijuana is any more or less dangerous than alcohol. However, if you want to legalize pot, then do so legally and in upfront manner. Don't use medicinal marijuana as a means to circumvent the law. And that's what was happening here. People found loopholes. I voted for medical marijuana but in hindsight, I don't know if I would seeing as how stoners and a lot of other idiots were exploiting the law to sell it to anyone. Case in point, prescribing priviledges for pot was not limited to physicians, naturopaths and homeopaths can also prescribe it. If naturopaths and homeopaths can't prescribe controlled substances like narcotics, benzos, ritalin etc, why are they allowed to prescribe pot?
Dang you for making sense...

Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
Please remember this forum is for Phoenix, and the focus of the discussion should remain Arizona-centric. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 PM

69 posts, read 224,138 times
It seems that Kalifornia wants to have their cake and eat it too! Try to follow this: California voters legalize pot for medical purposes. Then they make up regulations for the licensing of outlets to distribute marijuana. A lot of these licensed outlets go above and beyond what their licensing allows them to do. Now Kalifornia has a problem, what to do? Hmmm! Eureka! Let's have the feds solve our problem for us and let them bust these outlets. Then we won't have to spend state money enforcing our regulations. Good Grief Charlie Brown! As I have stated before, the State of Arizona is responsible for enforcing their laws. Not Federal laws. The feds have no Constitutional jurisdiction in this case. See 10th Amendment.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
California was a shot over the bow in my opinion warning every other state including AZ what's to come. Is it any wonder that the Arizona AG got the law allowing MM put on hold before these raids started? I'm guessing there was a "heads up" as to what was coming down the pipe as it were...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
On one hand Queen Jan wants the state to have full control over the immigration issue, and never mind what the federal government has to say about it.

On the other hand she ignores the Arizona voters who voted for medicinal marijuana and has no problem with the federal law overshadowing the state law.

Pretty hypocritical in my humble little opinion.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:17 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Ya know the Sheriff of a County can tell the feds to beat it(stop doing business in his county) or go to jail. A Sheriff is the highest law enforcement position in his county. However I dont know how Arpaio views the marijuana issue. As far as I see it, the American people have spoken on the marijuana issue and government should start listening instead of going against the will of the people.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Arizona Attorney General and Phoenix PD slap Arizona voters and the Superior Court in the face and raid a clinic operating in full compliance of the law.

The 2811 Club is RAIDED

I've been reading about murders day after day on AZCentral. Perhaps the police should be holding their attention on violent crimes.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ya know the Sheriff of a County can tell the feds to beat it(stop doing business in his county) or go to jail. A Sheriff is the highest law enforcement position in his county. However I dont know how Arpaio views the marijuana issue. As far as I see it, the American people have spoken on the marijuana issue and government should start listening instead of going against the will of the people.

Well, no, the Sheiff cannot tell the feds to get out, sorry.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:12 PM

69 posts, read 224,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, no, the Sheiff cannot tell the feds to get out, sorry.
That may be true, but, the feds should have no jurisdiction as Arizona law says that the marijuana sales done according to Arizona laws are legal as it was voted on by the people of the State of Arizona. According to the tenth Amendment of the Constitution, the feds have no rights enumerated to them by the State of Arizona to have jurisdiction in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area