Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 10:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,542 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am looking at renting a newly remodeled single family home at 30th st & Beardsley. We really like the house but are unfamiliar with the area. Commute seems fine (aside from 101 traffic).

Our main concern is with the area and crime/noise anything like that. It looks like there was 1 or 2 mobile home parks that back up to the neighborhoods.

Is it safe to leave cars parked on the street every night? Robberies? Woman walking the dog alone? Etc.

no kids, so schools aren't a big issue as it's a rental. Any input you may have on the area would be great.

I'm reading a good amount about "the square" is this far enough away to not be a factor?

Thanks in advanced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
You're nowhere near "the square" - cars left outside will get rifled through no matter the neighborhood - park it in a garage or it's fair game. I think you'll enjoy that neighborhood.

Noise would mostly be related to how close you are to the road - I wouldn't want anything that backed up to beardsley/101 or union hills - those are VERY busy roads.

All your neighbors will likely have dogs, and they'll walk them from 5 am to midnight - it's a great way to meet your neighbors!.

I wouldn't worry about the mobile parks - most are 50+ communities that keep a tight rein on foolishness.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 PM

289 posts, read 750,765 times
Here you go. Last 3 months for 85050.

Arizona Crime Search - Crime In Arizona - Phoenix Crime Search - azcentral.com

Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,892,835 times
It's a really nice suburban area that's pretty tame.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,542 times
That's all. We're moving forward on the house. Should be in before the end of the month.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 6,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmmac View Post
Here you go. Last 3 months for 85050.

[URL="http://www.azcentral.com/CrimeMaps/?sort=d_date&city=Gilbert&zipcode=85050&location=& days=90&category="]Arizona Crime Search - Crime In Arizona - Phoenix Crime Search - azcentral.com[/URL]
Man, the last 3 months are a rather petty example of this Gof-foresaken neighborhood..... try a full year. Better yet, add in 85054. I've got 16 FULL pages sitting in front of me. But here are a few close to 32nd and Beardsley:

24XX E Beardsley- drug related 9/22/11
196XX N 32nd- theft 9/21/11 (wow, 2 so close in 24 hours? happens more ofter than not!)
24XX E Beardsley- drug related 4/14/11 AND 4/15/11... oh, and there was also a theft at 24XX E Beardsley on 4/25/11... and, even closer would be the burglaries at 31XX E Beardlsey3/13/11 and 3/15/11. Lemme see... Aggravated Assault 27XX E Beardsley 1/28/11. But, personally, I'd be more worried living that close to Wildcat Ridge where a lot of the people involved in these crimes gather after they get run out of Cashman or the mall.

That being said, a good portion of the VIOLENT crimes are not reported, like all the mob attacks, actually, more like ambushes, that occur between the teenagers and drop-outs. Even a middle-aged woman was randomly beaten at Aviano like a week ago. But hell, at least it seems like everyone has forgotton about the secret buried under the mall

Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 6,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ahd View Post
That's all. We're moving forward on the house. Should be in before the end of the month.
Good luck!!!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 PM

190 posts, read 449,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
You're nowhere near "the square" - cars left outside will get rifled through no matter the neighborhood - park it in a garage or it's fair game. I think you'll enjoy that neighborhood.

Noise would mostly be related to how close you are to the road - I wouldn't want anything that backed up to beardsley/101 or union hills - those are VERY busy roads.

All your neighbors will likely have dogs, and they'll walk them from 5 am to midnight - it's a great way to meet your neighbors!.

I wouldn't worry about the mobile parks - most are 50+ communities that keep a tight rein on foolishness.
Lots of people have carports in the older 1960's neighborhoods.... I love not having a garage - less place to 'collect' things I guess plus architecturally they look cool on some homes... I sure hope nobody is going to riff through my old Toyota... nuthin's in it but buckets and cleaning supplies - an older GPS and a few books - all the things of moving and fixing up a new place....

Even in a "low" crime area by internet stats 85028 at my location --- my neighbor - an elderly woman - came home and found her dog in the yard - thought it was her nephew in a back room - she yells at him to grab the dog - turns into the kitchen - to find some personal items on the countertop that didn't belong there - only then did she realize she walked in on a burglary - they snapped their blue gloves and took off - leaving her alone - thank goodness..... Then at Moon Valley Nursery a very well to do lady was buyin' a tree to the tune of 2K! and told me she just got robbed as well - all her jewelry except what she was wearing....

It's rough out there & the holidays are just around the corner.....

German Shepherd might not be a bad idea - or Rottweiler - or Doberman..... Or with my poor dog grooming skills a Standard Poodle could look scary - real scary -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area