U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:53 PM

5,536 posts, read 2,800,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why not look in Waddell? It's in the county, definitely not ghetto and there's everything from standard cookie cutter to mini ranches. Dogs out here are not an issue unless their owners allow them to become one (constant barking) and lower taxes to boot.
Waddell is a great little unknown area, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 03:43 PM

278 posts, read 315,792 times
In Waddell, depending on the day and the patterns that they are flying, jet noise form Luke can be a bit overwhelming.

I know it is the sound of freedom and our tax dollars at work, but it is a consideration.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 PM

10 posts, read 8,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Huh? Laveen (or the area of southwest Phoenix that is marketed as "Laveen") is right next to Avondale - . There really is no separation.

I map quested..exactly 20 minutes away..
here is the same looking house address that i said was the same as the other ones..

4408 W Pleasant Ln

Laveen, AZ 85339

The area doesn't seem as nice though..

Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM

17,572 posts, read 20,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanShepherd<3 View Post
I map quested..exactly 20 minutes away..
here is the same looking house address that i said was the same as the other ones..

4408 W Pleasant Ln

Laveen, AZ 85339

The area doesn't seem as nice though..
It could take you 20 minutes, but the areas are basically in the same part of the metro. There is nothing but more houses between them. I guess it is hard to visualize from where you are. These neighborhoods are both very close in Phoenix terms. Unfortunately, the neighborhood gets worse going from the Avondale addess to the Phoenix one (Laveen). The "Laveen" one is a worse address if that matters in that it is closer to south Phoenix. South Phoenix is among the worst parts of the city. I would avoid that house if I had a choice. The entire part of town you are focusing on is "iffy". It looks nice because it is new but it lacks good schools, has a bad reputation deserved or not, and many vacant, foreclosed and renter-occupied homes. The future is very questionable.

Again, I would advise Goodyear or Surprise on the west side, but if you like Avondale check into Coldwater SPRINGS. It is a golf community in the general area. I have a friend who bought a golf course lot home for 80K a couple weeks ago. Nice house, nice neighbors. I was quite impressed when I visited.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,008,388 times
Quote:
Huh? Laveen (or the area of southwest Phoenix that is marketed as "Laveen") is right next to Avondale - . There really is no separation.
I understand your point, however, isn't Tolleson between Laveen and Avondale?

Old 10-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I understand your point, however, isn't Tolleson between Laveen and Avondale?
No. Only in a very small part. Otherwise they (Phoenix and Avondale) share a common boundary.

Map of Phoenix Arizona - Greater Phoenix Map - Phoenix Map

Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM

798 posts, read 775,977 times
I've avoided most of the comments here due to Fair Housing restrictions. However, I must pipe up about Coldwater Springs golf course houses. Almost every one I've showed has had stucco full of golf ball holes and broken windows (and the homeowner is on the hook for the damage). Just take that into consideration if you are viewing homes in that area.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:47 PM

278 posts, read 315,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Chris Webb View Post
I've avoided most of the comments here due to Fair Housing restrictions. However, I must pipe up about Coldwater Springs golf course houses. Almost every one I've showed has had stucco full of golf ball holes and broken windows (and the homeowner is on the hook for the damage). Just take that into consideration if you are viewing homes in that area.
Another reason to have shade screens on your house if you live on a golf course.

I have a place in Coldwater Springs. It seems safe to me and my family.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,008,388 times
Quote:
No. Only in a very small part. Otherwise they (Phoenix and Avondale) share a common boundary.

Map of Phoenix Arizona - Greater Phoenix Map - Phoenix Map
Interesting, just assumed it did as you seem to pass through Tolleson before you get to Avondale when heading west on I10. I see what you mean on that map, was not aware each suburb boundries.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Interesting, just assumed it did as you seem to pass through Tolleson before you get to Avondale when heading west on I10. I see what you mean on that map, was not aware each suburb boundries.
I think Tolleson smartly grabbed the land around the freeway near 99th Ave so they could get the sales taxes from all the commercial that went in near the freeway intersection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area