U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 PM

8,157 posts, read 9,193,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was excelling last year.
No it wasn't - no change from prior, just the addition of the letter grade which is new this year

Highly Performing isn't bad though - overall district is performing very solidly - Copper King went from performing to performing plus and Canyon Breeze went from performing plus to highly performing

Verrado HS stayed at Highly Peforming and received a B grade

Looking over the chart for WV schools it looks like most were stable/improving

The only ones that fell from last year are:
  • Estrella Foothills High - Excelling to Highly Performing (Buckeye HSD)
  • Estrella Vista Elementary - Peforming Plus to Performing (Littleton ESD)
  • Littleton Elementary - Peforming Plus to Performing (Littleton ESD)
  • La Joya Community High - Performing Plus to Performing (Tolleson HSD)
  • Bradley Academy - Performing Plus to Performing (Charter)
  • Heritage Elementary - Performing Plus to Performing (Charter)
BTW - Recent West Valley View has the table for last years and this years grades

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1ub...tober-14--2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM

16,466 posts, read 19,341,559 times
Interesting to see our HS out here dropped in the state rating, because it also received the AZ Education Foundation A+ School Award this year. My kids must have dragged down the AIMS average, LOL.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:01 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,428 posts, read 11,188,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmmac View Post
In Waddell, depending on the day and the patterns that they are flying, jet noise form Luke can be a bit overwhelming.

I know it is the sound of freedom and our tax dollars at work, but it is a consideration.
Not much different really than any of the areas surrounding Luke including Surprise,Sun City,Litchfield Park,Avondale and Goodyear of course with the same caveats you listed. Don't forget the NASCAR track in Goodyear either.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 AM

there are wide differences in jet noise throughout the SW Valley and it is very neighborhood specific - you can get maps of the impact zones and when you sign to buy a house they have a disclosure there as well

also, Phoenix International Raceway is not in Goodyear - it's in Avondale tucked into the Estrella Mountains .... aside from a big bump in traffic two weekends a year you typically won't notice it's there unless you drive by it

there is a small track that is currently shut down close to the airforce base (near falcon golf course off camelback road) - if it gets up and running again it would be under very strict noise ordinance

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 PM

10 posts, read 7,536 times
Default I have a another question!

Hi guys! I have another question from what I observed when visiting these the Avondale and Tolleson areas. I talked to people around there as well and someone also told me to look at Arizona Neighborhoods and look at how the past houses sold, etc. for more information. I looked on the website and both of these areas sold many, many homes this year, which is a surprise for me because here in Arrowhead Lakes the houses sell SUPER SLOW and it's a good area. Why is it that over there they all sell so fast? Is it simply because the market is good or is that a red flag that people move because of the area? I'm not sure if this should be a concern, the people who lived there seemed to like it but i don't know what to make of it.
Also about schools, don't really care about that as I do not have kiddos. I saw the previous posts! haha!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 PM

I would imagine there is a decent spread in the price/sq ft between a place like Arrowhead Lakes and Avondale/Tolleson - not to mention price of the property as a whole

The market for the low end is heating up and avondale/tolleson is composed mainly of the low end - newer homes that sold for at a higher relative initial cost and then crashed hard

A lot of inventory is there.

When people are losing their homes they often need to find a place to rent.

Investors can come in an buy a bunch of properties in that $80k-$100k range and then rent them out for $850-$1,000/month

So the concern could be over who is buying the homes and who is living in the homes

I know most of my neighborhood has turned over since the bust and I honestly think it's improved since then - so you really need to get in there and experience it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area