Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 05:31 PM

183 posts, read 550,015 times

Advertisements

Being new to PHX, I'm looking for the reputable people who do the best work in their field.
Does anybody know of a good auto window tint shop with morals on the east side?
Preferably in Mesa?
I'm from the Northwest where it's not a necessity, but a good quality job on the front two doors to match the rest of the vehicle can be done for about$75 bucks.

I could google it, but I still think there is a certain amount of risk with internet reviews, especially with a product that is harder to redo or return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
I would check Yelp or Kudzu for recommendations near your home. I've had good luck after finding a business with good reviews. The one I used is in the West Valley.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 PM

164 posts, read 838,326 times
AZM Tint in Mesa (3164 South Country Club Dr). I've used them for three different vehicles including one just last week and have always been happy with the results.

If you're looking to do a match to the factory colored glass on the back windows remember that colored glass doesn't have the same effect as true tint. They might mention that to you and they're not just feeding you a line of BS......

Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 AM

76 posts, read 259,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
AZM Tint in Mesa (3164 South Country Club Dr). I've used them for three different vehicles including one just last week and have always been happy with the results.

If you're looking to do a match to the factory colored glass on the back windows remember that colored glass doesn't have the same effect as true tint. They might mention that to you and they're not just feeding you a line of BS......
Also remember that there is a limit on how dark the tint is. You will get a ticket if it is too dark.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 AM

183 posts, read 550,015 times
I'm coming from a state that allows for that with a medical exception, which I have.
Does anybody have a link to the AZ vehicle code, where I can research this?

Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 AM

164 posts, read 838,326 times
Not sure about the medical exemption, but in AZ the back windows can be as dark as you want. Fronts are 35% (I think) although I've got 20% and have never had an issue.....

Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ bound View Post
I'm coming from a state that allows for that with a medical exception, which I have.
Does anybody have a link to the AZ vehicle code, where I can research this?
Welcome to TintLaws.com

Arizona Department of Transportation

Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM

800 posts, read 1,910,787 times
Per Arizona State Legislature: ARS 28-959.01:
Materials on windows or windshield; exceptions; requirements; violation; definitions A. This section does not apply to:

...Front side wing vents and windows that have a substance or material in conjunction with glazing material that has a light transmission of thirty-three per cent plus or minus three per cent and a luminous reflectance of thirty-five per cent plus or minus three per cent...

...The rear window or windows if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors that are on both left-hand and right-hand sides of the vehicle and that are located in a manner to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of the motor vehicle...

So, in a nutshell, 33% front and vent +/- 3%; back windows as dark as you want. However, other states have different laws. I was almost ticketed in Montana for having dark tinted windows. But if you look at many of the cop cars around here, they have dark windows as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area