U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM

146 posts, read 310,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBebe View Post
Sorry that I may not have been clear, the hospital close to me will be Arizona Regional Medical Center, however she will be admitted to a Scottsdale hospital for surgery. I chose this apt based on price... 2 bedroom for 670.00 includes cable and internet, ..and I could bring my small dog. I have lived in Florida for most of my life and will miss the beautiful green that surrounds me ...but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now I will be surrounded by the beautiful desert...and most importantly my mom. Thank you again.
I live in NE Mesa and work near where you are planning to move.

If you have not signed lease yet, don't. Not as nice or safe a neighborhood as just a bit further east near Higley and Southern-- apt called Bala Desertscape next to Lowe's. We stayed in these apts for 6 mos while we searched for homes and LOVED IT; very new apts, garages, very very affordable compared to other apts in Mesa and Gilbert. Go to the website to get more info and give them a call, you won't be disappointed! (and no, I don't work there!

http://www.baladesertscapeapts.com/

5120 East Hampton Avenue
Mesa, AZ 85206
Phone: (480) 654-4448
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,437,371 times
Higley/Southern is much nicer and further. And it looks like a 2BR is $1100 and up.

Though I too was thinking instead of signing a lease sight unseen, line up several possibilities and visit them all and pick one when you're here. It might take a few nights in a hotel. I haven't rented an apt. in many years but don't they usually have units move-in ready at short notice? Maybe not.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM

The apt above is 600-650 for 1 br which is much cheaper than anything around, and I agree a nicer area than where the original poster was looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
Higley/Southern is much nicer and further. And it looks like a 2BR is $1100 and up.

Though I too was thinking instead of signing a lease sight unseen, line up several possibilities and visit them all and pick one when you're here. It might take a few nights in a hotel. I haven't rented an apt. in many years but don't they usually have units move-in ready at short notice? Maybe not.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM

The one by Lowes is 600-650? Their web site says 1 bedrooms start at $777, if I'm reading it right.

I posted the 2 bedroom rent for comparison, since she said she rented a 2BR at the other complex.

Quote:
I chose this apt based on price... 2 bedroom for 670.00 includes cable and internet, ..and I could bring my small dog.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Yeah, I think around rent was around 590 for 1br from Oct 2010 to April 2011, and apt complex was built in past 5 yrs.

They have different sized units in 1 BR, though I don't remember any of them being higher than 700. I would guess 2 BR units are reasonably priced as well, but there were no 2 BR available when we were there. I do not know what status is now. I do not know why 1 BR listed in 700's on website, I don't see how prices could have gone up that high.

BTW, this is for Bala desertscape apt, across the street is another apt complex which is older units and higher rental rates

Hope this helps the OP, and good luck to your mom

Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM

If it helps anyone, here is the page listing the Bala rents. They appear to range from $777 to $1606. Maybe that is their 'best economic scenario' rents. Hard to get people in the door if you rent for a lot less than your ads, though. Nice place!

http://www.baladesertscapeapts.com/Floorplans.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area