Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 PM

77 posts, read 281,163 times

Advertisements

My wife run a red light, because of judgement error, she is sure that Camera did flashed, The car is registered in my name ?

What kind of ticket shall I expect coming week and what shall I do to handle it ?

Since Car is registered in my name so I am assuming ticket will be in my name .

Please suggest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,754,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga_sam View Post
My wife run a red light, because of judgement error, she is sure that Camera did flashed, The car is registered in my name ?

What kind of ticket shall I expect coming week and what shall I do to handle it ?

Since Car is registered in my name so I am assuming ticket will be in my name .

Please suggest
The ticket will state the options.
  • Pay the fine, or
  • Go to traffic school for a fee that's less than the fine, and it doesn't go on the insurance record (I think that's correct), or
  • Go to court to contest the ticket.
When I had a first ticket here, I took the traffic school option.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,918,206 times
It will have her picture but be registered in your name so I am pretty sure you can say it wasn't you driving. You are not required by law to divulge who the person in the picture is I don't think.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM

710 posts, read 3,386,643 times
Depends...

In most cities, redflex will check to make sure that the person in the picture matches the description of the registered owner. If a female is driving, and the car is obviously registered to a male name, then most won't bother sending a ticket in the mail. Some cities are sneaky though, and will check to make sure that no other possibly matching drivers are registered at the owner's address...

If you have a foreign-sounding first name (and it's not obvious that the sex differs between driver and registered owner) you might just get a ticket addressed to you, but showing your wife in the photo. All you need to is fill out the paperwork, check the box that says "not me" and attach a copy of your own license as proof. They'll request that you identify the driver in the photo, but there's no statutory requirement that you do so.

Your other option is to ignore any mail that shows up, don't check the url web address that they send you, and dodge a process server for up to 180 days. Not worth it ... especially when some kangaroo courts around here will accept 'alternate service' and suspend your license for failure to appear.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,754,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ji603 View Post
... dodge a process server for up to 180 days. Not worth it ... especially when some kangaroo courts around here will accept 'alternate service' and suspend your license for failure to appear.
I agree 100%. Dodging a process server can result in your license being suspended. If you're caught driving with a suspended license you can be taken to jail.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:06 PM

153 posts, read 317,289 times
Why does this thread keep coming up? Literally there are hundreds of the camera ticket threads...all have the exact same content.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 AM

9,595 posts, read 31,627,583 times
GOOD GRIEF, ga_sam . . . how old are you guys?

If your wife ran the red light, she needs to GROW UP and PAY THE TICKET. Maybe she needs to DRIVE instead of chatting, texting or whatever as the next time it may be much more serious . . . read: major property damage, major injury or even death.

If she feels she did not run the light (doesn't sound like it to me), then she needs to take it before a judge.

Whatever happened to Personal Responsibility?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 PM

77 posts, read 281,163 times
Thanks for replies everyone, She crosses red light by a Judgement error, it's the first time it has happened , So I won't blame here.

Now depending upon your replies, I see following 2 options If I receive the ticket:

Option 1: Say No and attach my drivers license and check I don't know the person.

Option 2: Say No and Identify the person in the ticket.

In option 1, I am not fully convinced If it's feasible to do it.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,880,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga_sam View Post
Thanks for replies everyone, She crosses red light by a Judgement error, it's the first time it has happened , So I won't blame here.

Now depending upon your replies, I see following 2 options If I receive the ticket:

Option 1: Say No and attach my drivers license and check I don't know the person.

Why would you let someone you don't know drive your car? I don't think they would believe you.

Option 2: Say No and Identify the person in the ticket.

You COULD do that. But see post #2 and pick one of THOSE options. You do have more than these two options.

In option 1, I am not fully convinced If it's feasible to do it.
You haven't even received a ticket yet. Why worry about something that hasn't even happened? If it does, then you can decide what to do but as someone who HAS had one of those tickets...over the speed limit and PAID it...I'd say paying it, going to traffic school, etc. is better than ignoring it and having to watch over your shoulder every day.

It seems to me that you are saying she DID run a red light..."judgement error"??...so why not admit it and just pay up? IF you get a ticket.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:03 AM

595 posts, read 1,252,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
GOOD GRIEF, ga_sam . . . how old are you guys?

If your wife ran the red light, she needs to GROW UP and PAY THE TICKET. Maybe she needs to DRIVE instead of chatting, texting or whatever as the next time it may be much more serious . . . read: major property damage, major injury or even death.

If she feels she did not run the light (doesn't sound like it to me), then she needs to take it before a judge.

Whatever happened to Personal Responsibility?
What is wrong with considering legal options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area