U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Victoria Woods, CA
464 posts, read 402,339 times
Reputation: 248

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Best bet post your resume on dice.com and if possible use an AZ address.
Unfortunately, I do not believe the dice.com site is helpful to this situation as they are only tech jobs and that is not what the OP is seeking...but nice that you try to help, Charles.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,844,632 times
Reputation: 6363
Well, I finally have to admit failure since I could not find another job after I was laid off 4 months ago. After 6 years living in Las Vegas, it is time to go. God willing, I will be back in Phoenix tomorrow. My girlfriend has agreed to take me in and let me live with her. I just hope my car makes it home. If you see this car with Nevada plates, you will know it is me.

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
 
3,389 posts, read 3,443,114 times
Reputation: 3639
C'mon over, LVD. We're not so bad. Best wishes on your job search here. Don't know what sorts of skills you have, but I'm sure the regulars will have some good leads for you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,844,632 times
Reputation: 6363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
C'mon over, LVD. We're not so bad. Best wishes on your job search here. Don't know what sorts of skills you have, but I'm sure the regulars will have some good leads for you.
Thanks....I am sure I will have better luck in Phoenix finding work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Victoria Woods, CA
464 posts, read 402,339 times
Reputation: 248
Thumbs up Welcome Back, LVD!!!

Your girlfriend sounds like a sweetie...be kind to her, LVD. Hey, by the look of those dents on your car....don't take up a driving job ...but hope you find work that suits you..best of luck and let us know what kind of work you'll be lookin' for!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
4,487 posts, read 10,248,647 times
Reputation: 3758
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Well, I finally have to admit failure since I could not find another job after I was laid off 4 months ago. After 6 years living in Las Vegas, it is time to go. God willing, I will be back in Phoenix tomorrow. My girlfriend has agreed to take me in and let me live with her. I just hope my car makes it home. If you see this car with Nevada plates, you will know it is me.
Good luck brother. I'm sure you'll find something decent, what are your skills? Do you have any engineering capabilities or excellent math skills? I might know of a certain place that's always looking for young and enthusiastic people.

Hope the car makes it as well, looks like someone went crazy with a sledgehammer. I probably won't be driving the F-150 much anymore because of this gorgeous weather, I almost feel like lending it...

I'm sure you'll find something in no time and be able to get back on your feet though! Safe travels!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,844,632 times
Reputation: 6363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Good luck brother. I'm sure you'll find something decent, what are your skills? Do you have any engineering capabilities or excellent math skills? I might know of a certain place that's always looking for young and enthusiastic people.

Hope the car makes it as well, looks like someone went crazy with a sledgehammer. I probably won't be driving the F-150 much anymore because of this gorgeous weather, I almost feel like lending it...

I'm sure you'll find something in no time and be able to get back on your feet though! Safe travels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
Your girlfriend sounds like a sweetie...be kind to her, LVD. Hey, by the look of those dents on your car....don't take up a driving job ...but hope you find work that suits you..best of luck and let us know what kind of work you'll be lookin' for!!!
Thanks for the support. I made it here yesterday and am staying around 7th avenue and Bell.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM
 
2,879 posts, read 4,177,415 times
Reputation: 1095
drunk, there are 1 bedroom apartments from 279, about 150 yards east of the osborn light rail station in midtown.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Gilbert - Val Vista Lakes
6,066 posts, read 8,462,088 times
Reputation: 3677
GOOD LUCK LVD; glad to have you here
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
328 posts, read 432,852 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Thanks for the support. I made it here yesterday and am staying around 7th avenue and Bell.
Good luck.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top