Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 AM

800 posts, read 1,911,218 times

Advertisements

I suspect if she was allowed out on bail she'd end up "missing" like Jhessye. She's probably safer locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think she has a constitutional right to bail and presumption of innocence. I am OK with that. We need to stand up for people's rights even in the face of strong evidence of guilt if we want them preserved for the innocent as well. People in our country still have the right to a trial by jury and not by media or press conference. I am also OK with the bail bonds guy not wanting to give her the money to get out. It's his business and he can run it as he sees fit.
I agree with you Ponderosa except I think that if she has the money she should be able to post bond. While on a personal note, I don't want her out on the streets, she should be afforded the same things anyone else gets. Can you imagine how the media would play this out? She already played the race card and it will be a race thing once again regardless of what the reality is.
As a person that was once many years ago falsely accused of a crime, I can tell you that I'd rather let free 10 or even 100 criminals if it meant not imprisoning one innocent person.
While I personally think she is guilty as hell, she should be subjected to the same rights and laws as anyone else as hard as that might be to stomach. If and only if she is found guilty by a jury of her peers, I would love to see her sterilized and then put in a woman OR MANS prison, let every prisoner and LEO in the place know what she was convicted of and let nature take it's course.
Knowing that her newborn had drugs in their blood just disgusts me to now end.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:08 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I agree with you Ponderosa except I think that if she has the money she should be able to post bond. While on a personal note, I don't want her out on the streets, she should be afforded the same things anyone else gets. Can you imagine how the media would play this out? She already played the race card and it will be a race thing once again regardless of what the reality is.
As a person that was once many years ago falsely accused of a crime, I can tell you that I'd rather let free 10 or even 100 criminals if it meant not imprisoning one innocent person.
While I personally think she is guilty as hell, she should be subjected to the same rights and laws as anyone else as hard as that might be to stomach. If and only if she is found guilty by a jury of her peers, I would love to see her sterilized and then put in a woman OR MANS prison, let every prisoner and LEO in the place know what she was convicted of and let nature take it's course.
I thought they said the drug in question was marijuana. Not great, better than nicotine and hardly a crack baby like the news reports had us thinking.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:30 AM

464 posts, read 832,510 times
Perhaps she should be locked in a closet with no food or water...and left there.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
If she had money to post bail she wouldnt need a bond ... the bondsman can choose what type of risk they want to take on and what clients to serve

Old 11-25-2011, 01:59 PM

57 posts, read 195,112 times
Well one thing for sure the mother did abuse her children in the past on record in California and went to jail and served time. California gave custody to the grandmother, which she gave the kids back to the abusive mom. I know everybody want think the better for this little girl but I have a feeling she fatally harm Jhessyel. The oldest child her mom beat Jhessye just before she disappear and placed her in a closet SMH.
It is said that a mom would abuse her little ones and why in the world would Jhessye grandmother give the kids back to the mom. We as adult must protect the children because sometimes the parent will not.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrooks411 View Post
Well one thing for sure the mother did abuse her children in the past on record in California and went to jail and served time. California gave custody to the grandmother, which she gave the kids back to the abusive mom. I know everybody want think the better for this little girl but I have a feeling she fatally harm Jhessyel. The oldest child her mom beat Jhessye just before she disappear and placed her in a closet SMH.
It is said that a mom would abuse her little ones and why in the world would Jhessye grandmother give the kids back to the mom. We as adult must protect the children because sometimes the parent will not.
When it came to light that Jerice Hunter had a criminal background for child abuse several people came forward to say that Jerice Hunter had turned a new leaf and was not that person. That they "could not believe" that Jerice Hunter was capable of harming her childen. Now I wonder who knew what??? If the children knew what they did how could other adults not know as well ?? I cannot believe Jerice Hunter had so many people fooled. She just does not appear to be that smart.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:00 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
If she had money to post bail she wouldnt need a bond ... the bondsman can choose what type of risk they want to take on and what clients to serve
Yes, I realized that but it was inferred that she shouldn't be given a bond at all.
The bondsman can do what he wants but she should be able to get a bond if someone else can that is in her similiar situation.
Fair is fair. That's all I was saying.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Why?

You have no legal right or any right whatsoever for someone to put up the bulk of your bail for a fee .... she obviously angered this particular place and if others feel the same, c'est la vie .... she'll have a nice protected area, a roof over her head and 3 meals until her trial where the facts will be shown in front of a jury of her peers

I just hope they can keep the other kids outside of her influence ..... will be a brave moment for sure as those kids have to face down the reality that they may send their mother to prison ... sad that they will not win in either situation

Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times
According to the media accounts of the children's statement, it certainly puts the mother in a bad light, with the suspicion that Jhessye may have died in the closet as a result of the mothers abuse.

However, in our justice system, one is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It is up to the judge to either deny or allow bail, and to set the amount. If the judge felt she was a flight risk, then he probably would have denied bail.

At any rate, if she has the money to pay a bail bondsman to put up the bond, then she has that right.

Each bail bondsman has a right to decide if s/he wants to take a risk on any particular bond; however, I think it was an error in judgement of the bail bondsman to (according to news reports) ask other bail bondsmen to not provide her bond.

That appears to be pre-judging her and discriminating against her as a person (not a racial discrimination). It is attempting to influence others to deny her the right to bond that the court has allowed, based on his personal opinion.

I have children and grandchildren, and certainly don't condone child abuse, which this woman has a history of. I'm simply saying that whether we feel she should stay in jail or not, she does have rights within the justice system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area