U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 AM

32 posts, read 64,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
I realtor who was advising me on pricing at the time warned me:
"It doesn't matter what the husband thinks."
Yep...I've pre-screened many houses without hubby...if momma don't like it NO ONE is gonna like it (if they know what's good for them)!

Back to a more serious topic: we got our LSR and it was lower than our realtor wanted it to be for the houses we're considering offering on...I'm not sure our realtor is in agreement that while offering 80-90% of the asking price isn't the "norm", in this market it doesn't hurt to try. I could assume that because the asking price was finally reduced after 400 DOM to a still-high price for this market, that the seller is no way going to consider my low-ball offer. But, that could be the same seller that whines about having only a few people look at their house but no one has even made an offer, "...gosh, we'd entertain any offer at this point, why aren't we getting any?" So I hate to pass up the chance by not offering.

It is not my intent to insult anyone. But when it's a seller's market, we're supposed to pay the price increases for no reason other than demand. If supply and demand is the great driver then the current supply and unprecedented economic factors give me, the buyer, the advantage, and I'm going to take advantage of that....I'll let you know how it works out

Back to the OP and other frustrated sellers: Listen to your realtors! There have been times in the past where we didn't agree with our realtor but we did as he recommended and it always worked out for the best! The builder inventory is killing you...they're giving them away. If I wasn't so sure that my husband will never put in the pool that I want, We would have bought one already! Until they're gone and builders start raising prices again, you've got some tough competition. I don't include foreclosures in your competition because as far as we've determined, the banks are still willing to hold on to them until they get their price. I've seen properties lower their asking price and then 2 days later raise it because the bank said to. What message does that send to prospective buyers?

I'm not sure all buyers can do this, but we're in a position where we don't HAVE to buy yet...we can continue to rent and see what happens. We don't want to but we will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:56 AM

105 posts, read 269,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, I was gravely wrong on both accounts! Maybe I have the wrong chromosomes.
it is certainly the woman who chooses the house in our case too. If you think i am lax you should see my husband....."does it have a place for a big tv in the living room....yeah...ok lets go make an offer honey".........you laugh...i am NOT joking!!!!!!

BUT I do think our open-ness to anything has to do with the fact I just finished school and i am more than doubling our income so the price ranges we were looking in just shot up more than double what we were used to...so considering what we had before we would be happy in just about anything in our current price range.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:35 AM

42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRT View Post
it is certainly the woman who chooses the house in our case too. If you think i am lax you should see my husband....."does it have a place for a big tv in the living room....yeah...ok lets go make an offer honey".........you laugh...i am NOT joking!!!!!!
Actually, that's not bad at all! Makes for an easy living together. Two "wives" in one house are one too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area