Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocarol View Post
My home in the Chicago suburbs isn't up for sale yet.... I am hoping & praying that ours will sell fast, and then that we will find a home in Arizona just as quickly. I don't care about making a killing on my home (only 4 years old) just hope it sells at the right price... and with it now being a buyers market, that does concern me abit. Actually, since we want to relocate to AZ, it is hard for me to read about people actually wanting to live here with our terrible winters.

Variety is the spice of life. I know my husband would probably like to live in a snow climate again, probably when I leave this earth if he gets a chance

Good luck I hope you sell soon and don't have to go through another Winter there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocarol View Post
My home in the Chicago suburbs isn't up for sale yet.... I am hoping & praying that ours will sell fast, and then that we will find a home in Arizona just as quickly. I don't care about making a killing on my home (only 4 years old) just hope it sells at the right price... and with it now being a buyers market, that does concern me abit. Actually, since we want to relocate to AZ, it is hard for me to read about people actually wanting to live here with our terrible winters.
As I always say, Chicago is by far my favorite city in this country as far as looks and lifestyle go, if it only weren't for your terrible winters... Beam it up here, Scotty!

Have been there only once over Memorial day (figured it's good enough) and still froze to death, especially on the boat tour. Since I was sweating when leaving Tucson, forgot my heavy jacket at home. At arrival was about to go to the first store for an emergency jacket, but made it somehow with the back-up lighter jacket and layers underneath. The locals were sporting shorts and flip-flops.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:08 PM

124 posts, read 413,452 times
Well I would be willing to trade homes then everyone can get what they want but only in a perfect world. Read some of the Threads on why not to move to AZ and then maybe you will change your mind as well. Its not all about the weather Chicago is a great city and I think a great place to raise kids when Im retired maybe Ill go back to AZ but only as a snow bird.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 PM

702 posts, read 3,151,967 times
I sold my mother-in-law's house in two months by offering a one year termite warranty, a one year whole house warranty and $10,000. There were two houses in the paper awhile back that offered a new car in the garage. A lot of folks are offering to pay the buyer's closing costs. Todays paper has a house listed with the heading, "$51,000 price cut." In our community there are 13,000 houses and 1,000 are for sale so you have to offer something to attract buyers. A whole house warranty cost us $400 and the termite warranty was $175, but things like that will help sell a house.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Iam offering the house warranty I think its costing me $350 and Im also going to have all the carpets professionally cleaned which should cost me around $150 I hope.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I just got an email with a house for sale that includes 2 super bowl tickets.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 AM

81 posts, read 361,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I sold my mother-in-law's house in two months by offering a one year termite warranty, a one year whole house warranty and $10,000. There were two houses in the paper awhile back that offered a new car in the garage. A lot of folks are offering to pay the buyer's closing costs. Todays paper has a house listed with the heading, "$51,000 price cut." In our community there are 13,000 houses and 1,000 are for sale so you have to offer something to attract buyers. A whole house warranty cost us $400 and the termite warranty was $175, but things like that will help sell a house.
Every house I have bought I bought in a buyer's market and the seller paid all closing costs, the home warranty, they paid for to fix EVERYTHING found on all the inspections (thousands of dollars on my first house), etc., etc.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
All we are waiting for is the market to pick up. My girlfriend just took her house off, no one even called to see it and it has been on for 6 months. (Word to the wise, she lives in Maricopa). It does give me time to be thrifty and look around. I keep scanning around the forums and other areas for info. One day I will be posting from another local. Phoenix has it's moments but it's not for me, I have 3 kids. The market is really bad for us, I would do what Sheena suggested, and rent!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 AM

I wish I could rent but I need the money to move and get something else. Also I live in Queen Creek the most you could get for rent is 750 - 900 so that means I would be coming out of pocket and I cant afford that. All I can do is hope the right byer comes along. A house just like mine sold in 2 months Im hoping for the same thing. (wishful thinking)

Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM

702 posts, read 3,151,967 times
There are two houses for sale on our block that haven't sold in over one year. They won't come down on the asking price. One of the properties has not had anyone look inside and it is only two years old. I think they will be sitting there empty for a long time unless they lower the asking price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area