Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 PM

73 posts, read 151,646 times

Advertisements

I hate posts like these begging for apartment help, but it is so difficult to tell based off online reviews and maps. I have until December 5th to find a new apartment and my budget is 650 a month max. I'm not expecting much from that amount, no roaches would be nice. If anyone has lived, or drives by, or knows someone who lives in a reasonably priced apartment complex I would really appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 05:07 PM

51 posts, read 117,762 times
I don't have a lot of experience with apartments around here, but I do live at Coral Point on the border of Mesa and Tempe and I love it here. Reasonably priced. Other than that, I know that I checked out Waterstone, Sandal Ridge, and Stonegate and was NOT impressed. I also have a friend that lives at Pala Mesa who has a roach infestation, so I would avoid it.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Thanks so much! Right now the only three I have found to take a look at this weekend are Pine Shadows, Green leaf, and Madera pointe, but I will definitely take a look into the ones you have suggested.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,478,089 times
Try some of the apartments around Dobson Lakes south of the 60 in Mesa.

Seems like this would be a decent area with reasonable rents, probably could find a nice apartment there with prices in your range just as you could in a not-so-nice neighborhood.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,751,375 times
I would try renting a condo. 650 is a good budget, but some places can look a lot nicer than they actually are. Roaches, as mentioned, are a relevant issue, and I would add parking and noise proofing to that. No one above or below, and block construction can eliminate a lot of potential trouble. Some places are a lot more kid oriented than others..........If your credit is good, I would demand some concessions, don't mention you're having trouble.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:26 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,919,587 times
Check Arbour Park on Apache near the police station. I lived there for a year with no problems. It fits your budget and is a block from McClintock light rail stop. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM

We found a place that is owned by the same person that owns the complex we're in now. It's a private owner so you won't get screwed by a management company. I'm actually really surprised I didn't find it during the search but it's Bay View apartments in Mesa. Large (850sq ft) cheap (600 a month) apartments with a washer and dryer a stones throw away from Tempe.

I definitely appreciate the advice everyone gave, and will probably be looking at renting a house or condo when this next lease is up. =) On another note, roommates are rarely worth the money you save.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Oh we also looked at Coral point, and they looked pretty decent and were right on the light rail. They were a little outdated but had nice grounds and were only 525 a month. They seemed to be kept up well, although the apartment complex next door had a bait car lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area