Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM

8 posts, read 17,096 times

Advertisements

Has anyone lived at these apartments or know anything about them? I tried to do a search but got everything under the sun with the word "desert", "vista" and/or "park" in it. Anyway, just trying to find out some info on them. I love its location and actually took a tour of the apartments when I was in AZ two months ago. Would like to know how soundproof they are, if it's a quiet complex and if scorps or snakes are a problem there. Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 AM

6,954 posts, read 11,990,093 times
Where abouts is it? Some crossroads please would help.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM

6,954 posts, read 11,990,093 times
Is it Desert Parks Vista in Scottsdale?? They are on E. Palo Brea Bend and have their own website. Beautiful apts if those are the ones.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,193,448 times
I looked there a few years ago. Pricey but looked nice. Age demographic is a bit older, possibly due to pricing, so I wouldnt expect party central. Any decent complex has pet control. Scorpions are blown way out of proportion...reading some posts on here you would think the whole desert southwest is carpeted with them lol. So make your decision without the whole scorpion and snake thing as part of it.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:26 AM

8 posts, read 17,096 times
Yep, on E. Palo Brea Bend in Scottsdale - those are the ones. I live in Michigan and am planning to move to AZ in the very near future (6 - 8 months). In September we rented a house for 2 weeks in Troon Village. It was off of Happy Valley not too far east of Alma School Road. Since we were surrounded by mountains and desert, I was a little nervous about the scop/snake thing but we NEVER SAW ANY!!! Of course, the owner kept this home immaculate and did use pest control so I guess that does play a big part. I did see a rattlesnake horseback riding in the Tonto National Forest (N Cave Creek Road and 7 Springs Rd). I mean, it was right there to the right of us sitting on a stone ledge!!! HUGE thing too! As soon as my horse heard the rattle, my horse stopped dead in its tracks. I was surprised at how calm and unconcerned I was about seeing it. It may have been because our trail guide was so experienced. He even got off his horse and took pictures of it for us!

Anyway glad to hear Desert Parks Vista IS NOT party central. I guess I would be considered "a bit older" (40+) so it will probably suit me just fine! Thanks for the input! Any other comments are still greatly appreciated!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,193,448 times
I am in my 40s as well. Desert Park Vista was actually my first choice when I moved here in 2007 I thought it was really nice. Only two reasons I chose elsewhere...price and location. I like being a little more convenient to things. I chose the area near Kierland. Your mileage may differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area