U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM

60 posts, read 80,983 times

Advertisements

Hi folks! -

Some of you might remember helping me out the other day with trying to sort through the areas and determine the best ones to live without a far commute to Downtown. Thanks again for your help with that!

My husband saw a couple of rental properties in Gilbert just a little while ago. He drove there during rush hour and said it wasn't any worse than his current commute and that he wouldn't mind the trade off of longer drive for more space. It looks like we can get more "rental house" for our $$ out that way. Do/have any of you live/d in the Power Ranch section of Gilbert (or maybe know anyone who does)? What do you say - is this a decent neighborhood to live in? I'll be sleeping days and my husband said he didn't hear a peep when he was there. I'm hoping it would always be that quiet!

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM

240 posts, read 700,165 times
A daily (weekday) commute from Power Ranch (Power & Germann Roads, Gilbert) to downtown Phoenix???

Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM

60 posts, read 80,983 times
He's a very patient commuter, lol. How's the area?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM

14,298 posts, read 17,497,824 times
The area and the community are very nice. Sadly, your husband will NOT be a very nice guy if he has to do that commute 5 days a week.

There are plenty of equally nice, affordable areas that will not require that commute. (and this comes from somebody who commuted 34 miles, each way, from far east Mesa to Raintree and the 101 in north Scottsdale - so I'm not totally adverse to long commutes.)

Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM

5,843 posts, read 8,426,202 times
I think Power Ranch is a nice area with many families and a good number of them Mormons. The homes are kept up, there are some nice play areas for kids and there is also a community center . I have never heard anything bad about Power Ranch but the commute would get old pretty fast. I think some of the schools are Gilbert, but some may be Higley. Not up to date on that. Sorry.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 AM

5 posts, read 11,165 times
Hello,

I live in Power ranch, and grew up in Pennsylvania. I work night shift (6 pm to 6 am), and sleep during the day. I keep my night shift schedule 24/7, so even on off days from work, I sleep during the day. Our house is situated on a extremely quiet cul de sac. I am ex-military, and have lived all over the world. In my opinion, where we currently live in the nicest place I have ever lived in my life. Noise will not be a factor. All of the people who live here pretty much keep quiet and respectful. You might hear the occasional jet in the landing pattern across the street at Williams Gateway airport, depending on which runways are being in use due to the winds.

I'll give you an example of the neighborhood and what to expect. On a Wednesday afternoon, we nosed the SUV out of the garage, and I forgot to put the garage door down; I just woke up. We went to a nearby Urban lake for some fishing, and were gone about 5 hours. My car, and motorcycle were in the garage. Came back to the house that evening (dark), and nothing was touched. So - that should give you an idea how quiet the area is. Really couldn't do stuff like that anywhere else.

Driving to Phoenix via the San tan 202 and then 101 and then 202 Red Mountain daily from Power Ranch would get real old real fast; the distance, plus if on day shift, the people and congestion at rush hour. But - that would be your choice.

Yes, we have two community centers that you can rent out for parties and functions, both next to small ponds (catch and release fishing), and a swimming pool. Power Ranch is extremely family oriented. When I go to work, and drive by the one community area, there are always people out there fishing, feeding the ducks, ect. We also have miles and miles of hiking paths that are lit at night, and very safe. Lots of joggers and bikes use it.

I don't want to go on and bore everyone. But hopefully, you get the picture how nice the place is. I do want to say that there are a lot of nice places like this around, in the area; it isn't unique to just Power Ranch.

At any rate - good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or