U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,722 times

Advertisements

hi my family and my self will be comming to az and we are looking to go to mesa to supperstition springs, i understand its a gated comumunity. i never livied in one before can someone tell me how it is and do you pay extra for it.iam sure it has rules like any place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:56 AM

599 posts, read 1,574,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin99 View Post
Hello Great Joy,

I was lead to your post while looking through the thread Where to live in Phoenix. I will be relocating to Phoenix from L.A. with my husband and toddler soon. My husband will be working in Paradise Valley - how far of a drive is Vistancia from there? We are looking for a nice, safe, family-friendly place, where there are nearby toddler-friendly activities. Also, we are looking to rent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The drive from Vistancia (in northern Peoria) to Paradise Valley is approx. 45-60 minutes depending upon traffic and where in Paradise Valley. Even though there are quite a few people who live in Vistancia that drive daily to their jobs in downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale, and other areas in the east valley and truly Vistanica is worth the drive, I would recommend looking somewhere closer to your husband's work because there are a lot of other nice developments all around Phoenix too. I've seen some really nice neighborhoods in Paradise Valley and Scottsdale. As I am most familiar with developments in the northwest valley, I'm sure others will help you know the names of the better neighborhoods and Master Planned Communities in the Paradise Valley and Scottsdale area. Best wishes in your search!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 AM

5 posts, read 17,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post
The drive from Vistancia (in northern Peoria) to Paradise Valley is approx. 45-60 minutes depending upon traffic and where in Paradise Valley. Even though there are quite a few people who live in Vistancia that drive daily to their jobs in downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale, and other areas in the east valley and truly Vistanica is worth the drive, I would recommend looking somewhere closer to your husband's work because there are a lot of other nice developments all around Phoenix too. I've seen some really nice neighborhoods in Paradise Valley and Scottsdale. As I am most familiar with developments in the northwest valley, I'm sure others will help you know the names of the better neighborhoods and Master Planned Communities in the Paradise Valley and Scottsdale area. Best wishes in your search!
Try McCormick Ranch in Scottsdale. It's an older community (home age wise) right next to PV. I didn't see what your price range was but homes run from 300000-1M+.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 AM

3 posts, read 6,369 times
arizona annie could you tell me do you know anything about mesa you seem to know alot about az my family and my daughters family will be moving to az in a few months and we were looking at superstitions springs what do you think. We have 2 grand children looking for a fun place for them to live. We are coming from new jersey. Please help

Old 04-18-2009, 01:27 PM

547 posts, read 778,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed9124 View Post
arizona annie could you tell me do you know anything about mesa you seem to know alot about az my family and my daughters family will be moving to az in a few months and we were looking at superstitions springs what do you think. We have 2 grand children looking for a fun place for them to live. We are coming from new jersey. Please help
Hi ed, I'm sorry I didn't see your post because I haven't been on here for a very long time. I'm afraid I don't know much about Mesa. I have heard some negatives but I've heard positives too. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you and will let you know what I learn. Since you have Grandchildren who will be moving here and possibly to Mesa, I would recommend checking out the school district. I'll see what I can find out too. I would be happy to help you with information on the area. I'll post back to you soon.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:48 PM

14,230 posts, read 17,832,131 times
Quote:
You can do a search here for posts about Mesa, and the Superstition Springs area of Mesa, to get more information. There may be a gated community with Superstition Springs in the name, but I am not familiar with it. Usually, Superstition Springs refers to the shopping mall with that name, and the area immediately around it.

If you don't find what you need in a search, you can start your own thread specifically asking for information about that area and referring to that area in the title to the thread. That will help people who know the area best find your thread.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:48 PM

157 posts, read 269,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota85 View Post
System crashed thus to finish my post I then drove up long road and got directions to Anthem from a police officer who I may add was very polite and helpful. I stopped in aTramonto Subway. I thought Tramonto was Anthem but its actually 3-4 miles south of Anthem. Everyone in the subway waas very helpful.
I drove up to Anthem and thought it was nice. That is up 17 and only 13 miles from Petsmart corp office so my next question is does anyone on this post truly know what the commute time would be at 7.15 am from Anthem to Above petsmart corp address and then going home at 5.30 or so.
I drove by Fletcher Heights earlier but didnt pop in on my way to Vistancia. I couldnt find West MT wing etc.
I know everyone has told me zip code 85308 is very nice, but my wife and i if we do end up coming out there with our 7yr old would only buy a house no more than 5 years old, and that zip code looks like they are older homes.
If anyone who lives in Vistancia or near Vistancia, and the same for Anthem and works at Petsmart or near Petsmart corp office could provide me some info to these two post it would be greatly appreciated. Along with any other info. Our price range would be between 350k-425k that we would want to spend on a house thus could look at homes even higher due to market.
Along with other reccomendations that would be no more than a 30 minute commute, with good school systems and newer homes in my price range.
I know everyone has some info but would like to hear from folks who actually make these commutes as well.
Is tramonto part of Anthem? Didnt appear to be and from my conversation with someone in Subway. I will say everyone I met was very friendly and the scenery was very ncie although just desert and mountains, no green for the most part.
Appreciate feedback.
Also what is the state income tax, is it around 4.5%.
Tks
Dakota85

Right now you are looking at 45 minute to 1 hour drive from Anthem to Petsmart office if there are no major accidents on I10 at around 7:15 in the morning. With the current construction going on I10 that commute should drop by at least 15 minutes within a year. Vistancia is very beautiful place with homes for pretty much every budget. Drive to 101 could be little challenging but manageable. They are starting construction on loop 303 but that will be years before its completed. Westwing MT is very close to Flether Hights that you visited just 3 miles north on 83rd Ave. This community has one of the best views of the mountains. Couple of negative items about that community is their community center is way inferior to Anthem or Vistancia. City of Peoria is in process of building nice park but still will not be able to compete with those two. Couple other communites in the area that I would consider would be Stetson Valley and Sonoran Mountain Ranch. Base on information you provided I think Fireside @ Norterra would be the best fit for you.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not arizona annie but I would suggest two communities. One is Augusta Ranch which is located in Mesa but schools are part Gilbert School district. The other one would be Las Sendas.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin99 View Post
Hello Great Joy,

I was lead to your post while looking through the thread Where to live in Phoenix. I will be relocating to Phoenix from L.A. with my husband and toddler soon. My husband will be working in Paradise Valley - how far of a drive is Vistancia from there? We are looking for a nice, safe, family-friendly place, where there are nearby toddler-friendly activities. Also, we are looking to rent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Vistancia is about an hour drive to Paradise Valley.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 AM

547 posts, read 778,077 times
Default My response regarding Mesa (finally)

Quote:
Ed ~

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to you....

Regarding school information, I have found this website to be very useful in researching schools. Not only do they give you a lot of information about the schools but also they will keep you up to date on test results as well. Check it out...
Greatschools.net Search: mesa school district
I would post the results myself but it isn't allowed in this forum. This page will get you to all the Mesa schools and you can take it from there.

I have heard positive things about Superstition Springs. This is actually a good time to move to Arizona if you have the money to buy because there are a lot of nice homes for good prices due to the recession. It hit Arizona very hard unfortunately and a lot of people lost their homes.

I would also suggest you do a search right here on City-Data for Superstition Springs and Mesa. People posting here on this forum can be so very helpful and informative. I am sure there are many people on this forum who can give you more information and who live or have lived in the area you are considering.

I wish you the best in your decision and I hope you decide to move here to our beautiful state. We have never regretted our own move. Take care!
Arizona Annie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area