Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:52 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtarheel View Post
The Orpheum Lofts is an excellent place to live. A beautiful building, completed very well done, close to everything.
Everyone I know loves living there and loves living downtown.

Wasn't that the building where they lost their parking spaces?

Downtown Phoenix is generally a nice place, for example, the Orpheum Theatre across the street from AZ TH. But I prefer it in smaller doses than 24/7. To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,936,320 times
That's great to hear that some people are selling their homes out in the suburbs and moving back to the central city. I've heard people comment that they are building too many of these condos downtown but in reality, they are currently less then 500 under construction and only about 500 more planned right now. The Phoenix market is still absorbing about 4500 homes per month so that is going on downtown is a small small fraction. You only need a handful of people to fill these units up...and with downtown having over 50,000 people that work right in the core, it shouldn't be that hard.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,489 times
Default Downtown Phoenix Living

I read the article in the Arizona Republic and don't necessarily agree with all of it. It is true that there are lofts that are not selling, but we are in a real estate slump. There houses, condo's, lofts and everything else that are not selling right now.

As far as over priced, I believe that the Orpheum Lofts are one of the best deals in town right now. When the slump is over and the the other projects are complete, the values will go up.

During the recent Urban Tour Downtown we held a few lofts at the Orpheum open, eventhough we were not actually on the tour. The majority of the people that came in, (and there were quite a few) thought the Orpheum was the best lofts they had seen all day.

Don't get me wrong, there are some very nice projects downtown, but most of them are new builds, and don't have the character that the Orpheum has. They do have some good things of there own, like balconys and covered parking!! Despite the fact that we have to wait for the Omega Building to be built to buy our covered parking, I still love the building and living there.

Yes, my loft is on the market, (for those of you sitting back thinking that!!) But I would love to be able to stay downtown Phoenix. I believe it is an excellent investment and I love being a part its growth. If mine were to sell soon enough, I might buy another in the Orpheum. I have been there for 2 years and have a lot of friends there. Regardless, I would like to stay close to downtown.

I do not work down town, I actually work closer to Tempe. The commute to and from work is very easy, because I am going opposite the heavy traffic headed towards downtown Phoenix.

There are a lot more things to do downtown than most people think. I have seen it change a lot over the past 2 years. I look forward to what the new three years will bring.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 AM

18 posts, read 82,582 times
Curiously enough, I called an Apartment complex today to verify rents and they are going Condo with lease to buy options on the refurb'ed units. Great way to get in with little or nothing down or in closing fees.

They did the opposite here in Vegas. Kicked everyone out of their Apartments, re-did them, then sold them as Condos for 100k to 500k. Some of the apartment people could afford the "New Condos", but not the HOA fees. Knocked me all the way to AZ. :-)

Any thoughts on it going the opposite way from Vegas?

I like the pictures of the complex, haven't seen it yet. But at least we would get a chance to buy before we were told to leave.

Also, anyone know how much HOA fees/dues run there? Mega $$$$$ here.

Thanks so much.

Who said moving wasn't fun???

Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 AM

25 posts, read 62,549 times
I think it's an excellent long term investment but it won't pay off if you are seeking to purchase and sell it in a few years. The ASU downtown campus combined with the new medical school will create a vibrant student body. Many of the students will purchase those condos and the area around it will develop to accomodate these students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: