Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times

Advertisements

Tempe closing streets for Insight Bowl game

Just an FYI to anybody who commutes through downtown Tempe. Looks like a lot of streets are going to be blocked off starting as early as Friday afternoon. It's that time of year again: the Insight Bowl and the ever famous block party. Both events will bring massive crowds into Tempe, and anybody driving around there should expect some delays (not to mention more difficulty with parking). I guess light rail will be a good option to avoid the traffic, especially since trains will be running later and more frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,303 times
Some places in north Tempe are already closed off, fences around buildings and certain parking areas.

It's going to be a mess. Good thing I get off early today.

New Years eve is a big hoopla in Tempe. It gets national recognition and all but too much crowd for me, I'll be catching up on some sleep.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:22 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,980 times
Great! We are supposed to go and see Stomp tonight at Gammage. Guess we had better leave a little earlier than planned.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:23 PM

6 posts, read 17,944 times
sounds like fun but i watched the coverage last year and it really looks like a mob. i may go there to check out the scene but dont want to be lost in a maze of people.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:05 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
I work in this part of Tempe, and the crowds were just starting to pour in yesterday afternoon when I left work. Not as bad as I thought, however. Yesterday's crowds were mostly due to the Insight Bowl. Today's will be even worse with the block party, and all the events going on. No thanks. I like a good celebration as much as the next person, but massive crowds turn me off (especially when you add the drunks in the mix).

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,303 times
I don't know what place is more exciting anymore for New Years eve, the ball drop in New York, the peach drop in Atlanta, or the tortilla drop in Tempe.

Whatever floats your boat but they all seem a bit too redundant year after year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: