U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

7 posts, read 5,467 times
Default Fun Areas to Live

Hi,

My boyfriend is relocating to Phoenix for work. We live in Manhattan currently, and he's looking for an apartment that won't be too far of a commute - 15 minutes would be ideal, however, he also wants to live in an area that is really convenient - that is, bars and restaurants nearby, etc.

I'll be living there 1 - 2 weeks a month, working from the Scottsdale office. My boyfriend will be working in Phoenix, very close to the airport. We are more concerned with being close to his work than mine.

Can anyone recommend some buildings to look at? We are going to Phoenix in 2 weeks and will be spending 2-3 days apartment hunting and hopefully finding something quickly and moving in right away.

Our budget is not too high, as we'll be keeping our studio in NYC - so no more than $1000 a month. We'd like to spend less than that, but it's more important that we like where we live.

The essentials: laundry in unit, dishwasher, a gym, more updated/modern, etc. We're in our mid twenties and aren't huge partiers, but we love wine bars and trying cool new restaurants.

I looked at some really cool building online, but found that a lot of the more modern ones I saw were in northern Scottsdale, which is too far for his commute.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 PM

3,314 posts, read 4,494,467 times
I'm only thinking of places that are an easy commute to Sky Harbor since that seems to be the priority....

does he have to drive to work?....if not, look for places that are near the light rail if he can walk to work from one of the stations.....downtown Tempe obviously springs to mind if you don't mind a bit of ASU influence....

otherwise, the 40th St/44th St/Campbell/Camelback area (Arcadia) might work for you as it has the bar/restaurant thing and is a pleasant drive down to Sky Harbor.....not on light rail, tho.....

may think of more stuff later..............
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area