Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times

Advertisements

My son-in-law may be transferring jobs to 52nd Street in Tempe, AZ from Lehi, UT. Family consists of my daughter, son-in-law, a 5 yr old and 18 mo old and grandma (me) and grandpa. We will rent our home here in Utah and rent for a year in AZ. I've gotten some good information from these threads about places to avoid and some suggestions for areas to live in, but mostly for single people. Can anyone offer suggestions on family living areas (availability, cost to rent), commutes, schools, references for rentals of homes, etc? Do people use the classifieds in newspapers to advertise home rentals anymore? Thank you so much for the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
You won't find much in our newspapers out here - the classified is barely used, compared to the internet.

Areas I would consider for a family, that are a reasonable commute to that area of Tempe are Chandler, South Tempe, most of Gilbert (the commute can be long if you go too far) and NE Mesa.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,133,033 times
It's very suburban out here. Very family friendly. I'm thinking Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, North Mesa and Ahwatukee might all be nice for you guys.

I would use a realtor to find a rental. Rentals are often MLS listed and a realtor can help you find the right area for your family. They can run a quick search that gives a list of homes she/he can email you. Then you can look at pics of what's in your price range, where the homes are in relation to jobs, etc.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area