Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times

Advertisements

Is anyone on this forum going to the auction? I couldn't make it last night, I was swamped with work but I'll be there tonight with my dad and uncle! We'll all be in the bidders section in one of the middle rows, I'll be wearing a red Corvette cap and a black shirt with Corvette logo on it. If anyone sees a 31 year old guy fitting that description, feel free to come up and say hi! My dad and uncle will both be wearing Corvette caps as well, if you see a trio of them, come up and introduce yourself!

I don't have a bankroll to purchase any vehicles but my dad purchased a C1 Corvette there a few years ago. He's interested in a couple different vehicles mainly a '57 Chevy Bel Air that'll cross the block this evening.

If this goes cheap enough (cheap being a relative term), I may...just may throw in a few bids. 1939 FORD CUSTOM DELUXE Lot 1003 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
I'm guessing a friend of ours will be there, he usually picks up something for his family or museum.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM

67 posts, read 226,373 times
I wish I was going there. LOL!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM

391 posts, read 788,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Is anyone on this forum going to the auction? I couldn't make it last night, I was swamped with work but I'll be there tonight with my dad and uncle! We'll all be in the bidders section in one of the middle rows, I'll be wearing a red Corvette cap and a black shirt with Corvette logo on it. If anyone sees a 31 year old guy fitting that description, feel free to come up and say hi! My dad and uncle will both be wearing Corvette caps as well, if you see a trio of them, come up and introduce yourself!

I don't have a bankroll to purchase any vehicles but my dad purchased a C1 Corvette there a few years ago. He's interested in a couple different vehicles mainly a '57 Chevy Bel Air that'll cross the block this evening.

If this goes cheap enough (cheap being a relative term), I may...just may throw in a few bids. 1939 FORD CUSTOM DELUXE Lot 1003 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Ha ha. Might just do that. We have scored some platnium passes.. free drinks.... so if someone comes up slurring in Canadian to you, that may be me.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:02 PM

213 posts, read 376,982 times
I went on Sunday for the preview and on Tuesday for the auction. I'll probably be going again tomorrow for the good stuff!! Way out of my price range but it's fun anyway. It's a privilege to be here in Scottsdale to actually be able to go in person. It's a lot different than watching it on television.

Sue

Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
Had a Ford Coupe like that I drove to High School, in the late '40s. Fun car, and was in great shape when I got it. Traded a mile cow for the car. Now it would take a whole herd of cows to pay for one. Looking at the list cars the had for sale, brought back a lot of memories.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 PM

391 posts, read 788,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Had a Ford Coupe like that I drove to High School, in the late '40s. Fun car, and was in great shape when I got it. Traded a mile cow for the car. Now it would take a whole herd of cows to pay for one. Looking at the list cars the had for sale, brought back a lot of memories.
Agreed. Like walking through my high school parking lot

Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Had a great time last night, nobody on this forum came up and offered to buy me a drink so I'm a bit disappointed. It was a fantastic night though, the quality of these automobiles never ceases to amaze me. Even though the '48 Tucker commended the largest dollar amount, the '47 Bentley with the Franay body would be my choice for anything above $2 million. I was able to look at it in detail the day before and it's simply one of the most beautiful cars money can buy. I'm missing a few zeros from my bank account otherwise I would've bought it just to stare at.

Didn't buy anything except a few little trinkets from vendors. Dad didn't get his Bel Air either, the two he was interested in went above what he was willing to spend. He was the final bidder on one of the Bel Air's but let it go once it hit $101K, the other went for $159K and he dropped out at $100K. Beautiful vehicles though.

Might still go today, there's a few gems that might be a steal...wishful thinking I know.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,567,566 times
I'm an old car buff even tho I'm a sr. citizen female..haha! But you're right...the Barrett-Jackson display is one fantastic car show! I loved it last year...but why do they always have it during one of the coldest weekends Phoenix has I wonder? Brrrrrrr...last year and this year.

Worth the trip, tho, I must say..

Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'm an old car buff even tho I'm a sr. citizen female..haha! But you're right...the Barrett-Jackson display is one fantastic car show! I loved it last year...but why do they always have it during one of the coldest weekends Phoenix has I wonder? Brrrrrrr...last year and this year.

Worth the trip, tho, I must say..
Year before that was storms and tore down the tents..., still would like to go...next year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area