U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:41 AM

6,124 posts, read 5,924,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
just curious....a hotel shuttle will take you somewhere besides their hotel??...even if you're staying there?
Sometimes, yes. Some hotels provide courtesy vans that will shuttle you to local restaurants, malls, etc. Usually at the business traveler oriented hotels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 AM

256 posts, read 280,299 times
One specific note is that "Hertz Local Edition" is a semi-separate division that is off-airport; there aren't many of them, but there is one near the Mesa-Tempe boundary and near the end of the light rail.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 AM

147 posts, read 126,956 times
Yes, there are hotels that will pick you up from the airport and drop you off at another location, provided you are staying at their hotel. And yes, this hotel tends to cater towards business travelers. Even if they would not drop us off at the site, the off-site car rental location is close to the hotel we are staying at.

In addition, this Enterprise location does NOT allow return to the airport, even for an additional charge. It must be returned to their off-site location, before 12:00 noon on Saturday. They are closed on Sunday. (I think all the off-site locations are closed on Sunday.)

Also, thanks for mentioning, but I am aware of the upsell with the insurance products from the car rental companies. We have ample insurance that will cover us in the rental car. The clerk can try and sell us all they want, however, we will politely decline.

And finally, there is not an extra charge for the husband/wife as additional driver.

Thanks for all your replies.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 PM

232 posts, read 584,224 times
I just rented a car in Phoenix for ten days last year. It was over $200 cheaper off airport. Enterprise picked me up and dropped me off....Enterprise was cheaper than Budget which surprised me. A friend told me, I wouldn't have considered them.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM

3,506 posts, read 5,143,716 times
quick comment on rental car insurance:

though your own insurance probably covers you for a rental car, it probably doesn't cover you for the rental company's loss of use of the car....check with your company....you may want to get "loss damage waiver" at the counter, but it's pricey....or just be careful when driving!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 PM

144 posts, read 162,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
As an alternative, flash your Triple A (AAA) card to get additional drivers at no cost.

I was going to try this company (Car Rental Phoenix Airport | Discount Phoenix Car Rental AZ ) but the reviews seemed a little sketchy. If anybody had good results with these guys, I'd be interested in hearing about it. They do rent 5-8 year old vehicles which bothers some.

If get a good rate at the airport like I did a few weeks back, I would never consider the hassle of renting off site. But when the rates push $400 a week for a sub compact, I will explore all of my options.
Their fleet is..."lacking". 2934 E. McDowell Rd. Phoenix AZ, 85008 - Google Maps

Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
JH6

724 posts, read 1,489,549 times
When I travel to Phoenix, I use the super shuttle to get to a car rental place on indian school road.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:49 PM

537 posts, read 698,119 times
Whenever I have to leave my Fusion Hybrid or my Escape overnight for servicing at Sanderson Ford, they supply me with a car from their onsite Enterprise rent a car. I do have to pay some of the car fee if I want to upgrade from the supplied tiny Daiwoo vehicle. My point is that the taxes are horrific! They charge for the Glendale sports arena on rental cars. Ya just can't win!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 AM

147 posts, read 126,956 times
Yes, Enterprise was surprisingly much less than Budget or Dollar. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area