Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times

Advertisements

Has anyone taken a shuttle from Phoenix to Nogales? I didn't even know this service was offered until I saw a shuttle on I-10 headed back up here from Tucson. My friend said there's a place near his house on McDowell near a Food City around the 20-something streets. I've been searching online but have not found much. Curious if anyone has used this travel option and could recommend a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Yes, the shuttle service exists. The question is : Why are you interested in going to Nogales?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
To expand on Bondurant's post. Does anyone know if they is another shuttle to Rocky Point from Nogales? I never been to Rocky Point and I'd like to check it out one day. I'm not interested in personally driving so that's why I asked. If I could take a bus to Nogales and catch another bus to Rocky Point.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yes, the shuttle service exists. The question is : Why are you interested in going to Nogales?
For the novelty of it as I've never been to Mexico. I've been told it's mostly a destination for shopping or cheap dental work. I'd go for the experience and the food.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:53 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
For the novelty of it as I've never been to Mexico. I've been told it's mostly a destination for shopping or cheap dental work. I'd go for the experience and the food.
Here is the destination for dental work. You can email them and they'll email back with answers to your questions.

Dentists of Los Algodones Mexico - Yuma, AZ

Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 AM

681 posts, read 1,560,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
To expand on Bondurant's post. Does anyone know if they is another shuttle to Rocky Point from Nogales? I never been to Rocky Point and I'd like to check it out one day. I'm not interested in personally driving so that's why I asked. If I could take a bus to Nogales and catch another bus to Rocky Point.
There are a couple of shuttle's that run direct from Phoenix to Rocky Point. Just google: Puerto Penasco, Phoenix, Shuttle. The companies I found were Seaside and Head Out to Rocky Point.
Pretty expensive though - I think it was like $170 return (going from memory).

I found a site that suggested you could take a TBA bus to Puerto Penasco from Nogales for 270 pesos, but it would take 7 hours???
Don't quite get that seeing as how it's only 4 hours direct to Puerto from Phoenix - it must stop at a million little towns en route.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Nogales will most definitely NOT give you the "experience" of visiting Mexico. It is a dirty, ugly, border town. Nothing turly Mexican about it, except that it's past the US Border. It's like saying you visited America by going to the worst section of the Bronx. Sad to say, but accurate.

Additionally, IMHO, you can get more authentic and BETTER Mexican food at many places in Phoenix, most particularly in the South Phoenix area.

May I suggest that you take a trip to Pro's Ranch Market at 16th street & Roosevelt in Phoenix. That, I believe, is a much more fun trip, with better food and pleasant company, and the atmosphere of visiting Mexico for a few hours.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:55 AM

681 posts, read 1,560,033 times
Just found this....
Apparently there WAS a low cost shuttle, but it was shut down to drug smuggling allegations. Too Bad.

Drug-smuggling inquiry closes down shuttle to Rocky Point

Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Sonora, Mexico - Bus Lines, Shuttles & Taxi's

Head Out To Rocky Point - Your full Service Charter & Shuttle Service to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Mexico on the Sea of Cortez!

Rocky Point Shuttle Service, Transportation to Rocky Point, Shuttles from Phoenix to Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco Shuttle, Vans

Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico Online : Mail

Since it's about a four hour drive from Phoenix (assuming no delays at border control), so it's not a one-day trip. So for hotels in Puerto Penasco (the real name for Rocky Point): Click Here

Without a car, you may have difficulty getting around town. I haven't been in years, so they may have reliable taxi service now.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 AM

3 posts, read 19,224 times
Quote:
There are buses from Nogales to Rocky Point however they do take a while to get there and Nogales is not the place, at least at this ime, to be walking around freely to much do to the violence in some of the areas of town.
You will find shuttle services from both Tucson and Phoenix, somehow the driving distance is the same from both 3.5 to 4 hours driving, personally I like the drive from Tucson much better as there is much more to look at, mother nature wise, the drive from Phoenix is a little borring with nothing but the Barry Goldwater Air Force shooting range and you do not even get a show of the shooting practices.

This are some of them:

Shuttle Service Tucson to Rocky Point, MX

Head Out To Rocky Point - Your full Service Charter & Shuttle Service to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Mexico on the Sea of Cortez!

I could not find the site for the Mexican shuttles that go both to Tucson and Phoenix, if you are going to Tucson they will take via Phoenix first so your trip from Rocky Point to Tucson is about 6 to 9 hours total between transfering of vans and waiting for the vans to depart, their names are:

Transportes Nena's

Transportes Superior

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area