U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 AM

1 posts, read 915 times

Advertisements

I will be moving from WA State to AZ. I am looking for a quiet place to locate that is away from freeways and trains. Prefer all adult. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Airchops; 02-27-2012 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 AM

14,095 posts, read 17,417,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airchops View Post
I will be moving from WA State to AZ. I am looking for a quiet place to locate that is away from freeways and trains. Prefer all adult. Any suggestions?
You've posted in the Phoenix area forum, but say you are moving to "AZ". If you are asking about the Phoenix area, and age restricted communities, there are lots of them that are not affected by freeway or train noise. What else are you interested in having nearby, and what is your budget?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:20 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,435,890 times
I think "quiet place" and "all adult" go hand in hand. At least I've never heard of any all-adult, party neighborhoods. Or ones with trains or freeways running through them, for that matter.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 AM

968 posts, read 1,210,995 times
Age restricted also means one must meet the minimum age.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM

798 posts, read 757,043 times
There are some very nice adult (age-restricted) subdivisions in Vistancia (Peoria) and Estrella Mountain Ranch (Goodyear). These master-planned communities are newer, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and drop-dead gorgeous. If you don't want to be so far from amenities but still desire a peaceful community, you may want to look into Palm Valley (Goodyear), or Pebble Creek (Litchfield Park). All of the communities listed above have great golf courses and other wonderful amenities.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 AM

464 posts, read 395,014 times
Default Fountain Hills

We live here and love it....to the point that we are simply upsizing our current home but still staying in FH. Moderator cut: NOT permitted on City-Data.

Kids? The neighbor's college aged son just moved out and actually, no, there are not any kids in our area. However, near the middle school down the hill downtown there are a number of families with children. It's pleasant to see how cordial the high school age kids are that work at the grocery stores downtown.

Quiet? So quiet that the hoot of an owl in the evening seems loud.

Last edited by Kimballette; 02-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: NOT permitted on City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area