Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:03 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times

Advertisements

Yes, thanks for the update. You got off easier than I thought you would. You'll be a stand-out at traffic school. The vast majority of people will be there for either speeding or going through a redlight/stopsign.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
Update: court today in front of judge Samuel goodman. Count one of crossing gore, guilty. Traffic school for that one. Count two of driving with revoked plates, dismissed. Count 3 of no AZ drivers license, dismissed. Count four of driving an vehicle with out of state plates, guilty, 300 dollar fine. Count 5, no insurance, dismissed
2 out of 5 might look good but the court still got some money out of you , Now as I have stated many , many times , you get a ticket , ( doesn't matter where , or what state you in ) you need to plead not guilty and DEMAND that a Verified complaint be filed ( thats your constitutional right ) ( to face you accuser, state his / her injury). In the case of a traffic ticket there is no Injured person , so there can't be a way for the court to have a verified complaint , If there is no verifier complaint then there is no action for the court to get involved in and they have to dismiss the case and usually do . I had a man do that in court today, in Northern California ( $2,000.00 in fines ) case dismissed because the court didn't have the verified complaint that the defendant demanded at his arraignment. Now we talk about breaking the law !!! Every Government officer swears an Oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States when he takes the job, if he stops you and files documents with the court that violate you constitutional rights , has he not violated the law? Most laws that are put in place at a lower level are not really enforceable if you demand that you are afforded your constitutional rights , and you should . The ladder of the laws.... City , county, State , Federal , and finally Constitutional laws. Supreme laws of the Lands. If you have not enough reading to do , try Justice TOLMAN, Right to drive , State of Washington. Freedom of travel, we really don't have to have a license or those plated on our vehicles , the law's state that, if you take the time to read what it Say's.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
Update: court today in front of judge Samuel goodman. Count one of crossing gore, guilty. Traffic school for that one. Count two of driving with revoked plates, dismissed. Count 3 of no az drivers license, dismissed. Count four of driving an vehicle with out of state plates, guilty, 300 dollar fine. Count 5, no insurance, dismissed
Obviously, they want to keep you on the roads, as a potential money-maker for them, they see a potential good customer when they see one!

The last thing they want to hear: If no charges are dismissed, I'm going to sell the car and get a 5-year supply of bus passes along with an electric bike!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:41 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
2 out of 5 might look good but the court still got some money out of you , Now as I have stated many , many times , you get a ticket , ( doesn't matter where , or what state you in ) you need to plead not guilty and DEMAND that a Verified complaint be filed ( thats your constitutional right ) ( to face you accuser, state his / her injury). In the case of a traffic ticket there is no Injured person , so there can't be a way for the court to have a verified complaint , If there is no verifier complaint then there is no action for the court to get involved in and they have to dismiss the case and usually do . I had a man do that in court today, in Northern California ( $2,000.00 in fines ) case dismissed because the court didn't have the verified complaint that the defendant demanded at his arraignment. Now we talk about breaking the law !!! Every Government officer swears an Oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States when he takes the job, if he stops you and files documents with the court that violate you constitutional rights , has he not violated the law? Most laws that are put in place at a lower level are not really enforceable if you demand that you are afforded your constitutional rights , and you should . The ladder of the laws.... City , county, State , Federal , and finally Constitutional laws. Supreme laws of the Lands. If you have not enough reading to do , try Justice TOLMAN, Right to drive , State of Washington. Freedom of travel, we really don't have to have a license or those plated on our vehicles , the law's state that, if you take the time to read what it Say's.
This is not the same topic as your favorite one, photo radar. Driving is NOT a right, it's a privilege. Appellate courts have ruled that way for a long time. I suspect your Justice Tolman was expressing a minority opinion.

The OP was stopped by a live officer, who provided him the appropriate citations, and he had his day in court, and had a reasonable outcome. You are free to believe as you do, I've seen stuff like this from other people over the years in other places, but this thread is not the place to discuss it further, as the case in question in this thread is over. You're free to discuss the issue in the appropriate General forum, as it's not a location-specific topic.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,132,405 times
I sure hope no one takes legal advice from a stranger over the 'net.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:40 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Well.....I feel lucky.

I lived here for 7 months before I changed my plates, driver license, and insurance. The smart aleck in me decided to wait until the vehicle's registration expired.

Got hit by a drunk driver during that time, and also had my vehicle broken into and had to file a police report for insurance purposes.

No ticket, no nuthin'.

Not even a warning.

I wouldn't recommend to our new flowers in the Valley to do that though.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 AM

5 posts, read 10,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well.....I feel lucky ......
Got hit by a drunk driver during that time, and also had my vehicle broken into and had to file a police report for insurance purposes.
and you feel lucky??? - OK - just kidding.

I have seen a few of my neighbors here in the north west with the non-Arizona lic plate and it took them a few months before changing to AZ lic plate. But they are lucky too. I am always so unlucky - so I changed mine after 3 weeks (it was a while back).
Anyway OP, thanks for the update and glad that it did not turn as bad as it could have.
And with my luck, the above advice is just not for me.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM

46 posts, read 116,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
From my experience what I've seen, all gore violations fit into two categories. 1. About 20% of the violations occur when drivers take the wrong exit, and then cut back across the gore to get back on the freeway. Rather then continue down the exit ramp, and looking for another entrance ramp to get back on the freeway. 2. The other 80% are people who stay in the far left left, or center lanes, right up until they see their exit. Then cut across multiple lanes lanes of traffic, across the right shoulder lane, across the gore, with dust flying into the air. Then continue across the left shoulder lane of the exit, and then cut into the exit traffic half way down the ramp. All with no regard for other drivers.
And there's also the situation where there's somebody in front of another driver entering the freeway onramp at about 30 mph, coming nowhere near matching the speed of traffic on the freeway, and there's the temptation to blow around them to the left early through the gore point (if there's no one coming in the right lane on the freeway) and get onto the freeway and get up to speed quickly, rather than wait for the dawdler in front of them.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
GOOD GRIEF!

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM

159 posts, read 397,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia Camelback View Post
And there's also the situation where there's somebody in front of another driver entering the freeway onramp at about 30 mph, coming nowhere near matching the speed of traffic on the freeway, and there's the temptation to blow around them to the left early through the gore point (if there's no one coming in the right lane on the freeway) and get onto the freeway and get up to speed quickly, rather than wait for the dawdler in front of them.
Yep, those types usually also cross multiple lanes of traffic after doing this as well to make sure their slow moving SUV/truck/Econobox disrupts traffic as much as possible!

Don't forget yet another gore crossing situation where an impatient driver in the right lane on a slow moving freeway will pass multiple drivers in front of them on the right blowing through an entrance ramp gore, onto the entrance ramp and around the drivers and back onto the freeway. Anything to get a few cars ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area