U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM

272 posts, read 258,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I still like Real Estate, Homes for Sale, MLS Listings, Real Estate Agents, Houses — Zip Realty the best. It's all about location, and Zip has the best proximity feature.
You can also separate statistics on sfr and condo. I've checked out The Captain's site and am going to have to disagree with you all.
The Captain's site has one search function that NO OTHER site has (at least that I've found) - HOA fees. This is of paramount importance to my wife and me (we will not buy any house with an HOA). I can't explain how frustrating it is to run a search and have to sift through each listing looking for the dreaded "See agent for association fee information" - The Captain's site can eliminate HOA results (or include only HOAs, if you're so inclined).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,225,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
The Captain's site has one search function that NO OTHER site has (at least that I've found) - HOA fees. ... The Captain's site can eliminate HOA results (or include only HOAs, if you're so inclined).
The search on my website can also include or exclude listings in HOAs.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 PM

816 posts, read 430,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
It's very interesting to see the contrasts between the current PHX and TUS markets. IMO, they're definitely not the same.
Can you very briefly state the differences between Phoenix and Tucson from your perspective? - Only briefly as we want to keep it mostly to Phoenix here, but I think our immediate neighbor city would be of interest for us in Phoenix as well.
Thanks, PL

Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
The search on my website can also include or exclude listings in HOAs.
Where do I find the exclusion selection? I just ran a search, leaving all community/HOA selections unchecked (couldn't find a "HOA Y/N" parameter), and the search results contain HOA homes.

968 posts, read 1,569,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post

I sent you a DM with the the URL for a similar portal covering the Tucson area, the one which I've been using. It's not quite as detailed as the Captain's, but it's the closest I've found that was being broadly shared. I lucked into finding a wonderful buyer's agent for down there, too. LMK if you (or anyone else) wants her contact information.
Thanks so much. Sent you a DM.

Quote:

(I can't tell you how many times I thought to myself: I wish Captain Bill covered Tucson!)
Me too.

6,066 posts, read 8,164,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodiman View Post
this is pretty slick

Interesting thing is we are actually on pace for a slow sales month according to your charts however, this is also offset by very few new listings coming onto the market. I am reading this right?
It's a little early to tell because a lot of listings close near the end of the month.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:44 PM

968 posts, read 1,569,042 times
I just did a search using a Tucson portal, and it seems there's just as much of a shortage there as in Phoenix. A search for my price range and criteria shows 322 homes. 258 of those are either AWC or CAPA. That leaves only 64 active listings.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM

6,066 posts, read 8,164,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
You can also separate statistics on sfr and condo. I've checked out The Captain's site and am going to have to disagree with you all.
To my knowledge it has every type selection that is available on the MLS and that's why I pay extra to use the FlexMls search system. It does not show Pending or Sold listings, but there is a way to get Solds.

On the Property Type Selection:
  • Residential
  • Residential Rental
  • Land and Lots
  • Multiple Dwelling
  • Seasonal Furnished Rentals
On the Dwelling Type selection:
  • Single Family-Detached
  • Patio Homes
  • Townhomes
  • Apartment Style Flat
  • Gemini Twin Home
  • Mfg/Mobile Housing
  • Modular/Pre-Fab
  • Loft Style
There is no field on the MLS for Condominiums. Therefore, there are no fields on my web site for Condo's. Agents list Condo's in the "Apartment Style Flat" field in the MLS. Some will even show them under "Patio Homes". So when I search for Condo's on the MLS I use both Patio Homes and Apartment Style Flat for my searches. It is not uncommon to find a Townhouse showing up under the Apartment Style Flat field, even though there is a specific field for that.

Since there is no field in the MLS for Condo's, any national site that shows a search for Condo's is probably pulling from the Apartment Style Flat fleld and changing the name; and they may or may not be pulling from the Patio Home field.

With the Cromford Report now allowing subscribers to share their Interactive Tableu Charts, I elected to set up a page for them, so the C-D forum members and others can have a place to get very specific and up to date data to keep track of the Phoenix Real Estate Market, that is not available anywhere else.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,225,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Where do I find the exclusion selection? I just ran a search, leaving all community/HOA selections unchecked (couldn't find a "HOA Y/N" parameter), and the search results contain HOA homes.
It's in the "Features" list. My fault, it only lets you select for HOAs, otherwise you get a mix. You can't exclude for non-HOA. Bill has the edge for now .

Old 03-15-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
It's in the "Features" list. My fault, it only lets you select for HOAs, otherwise you get a mix. You can't exclude for non-HOA. Bill has the edge for now .
Thanks. Thought I was a blithering idiot for not finding it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area