Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Tempe Town Lake is NOT part of the Urban Fishing Program. Quote from the Tempe.gov website:
I'm not sure that dude was using "urban" to mean part of a license program or as in not out in the country. Tempe Town Lake is an urban area, it is in the East Valley, and it is a nice place to fish.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm not sure that dude was using "urban" to mean part of a license program or as in not out in the country. Tempe Town Lake is an urban area, it is in the East Valley, and it is a nice place to fish.
Fair enough - so I'll clarify.

To legally fish in Tempe Town Lake, you need a state fishing license. If you are fishing for trout, you need a trout stamp.

The Urban Lake License is a totally separate license and it does NOT include Tempe Town Lake.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,131,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
I'm not positive but I think Riverview might be closed down. I know the golf course is closed for good to make way for the new Cubs spring training development. I was under the impression the pond area was part of this. I haven't been by there recently to see.
Oh you're right. The park is closed temporarily as of 4/2. The golf course is closed for good. So the fishing should be back, it sounds like. (Whatever happened to the water park that was supposed to go in where that golf course was?)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
(Whatever happened to the water park that was supposed to go in where that golf course was?)
I think a scaled back version is going to be part of this new development.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I didn't think of the Riparian Preserve in Gilbert, I'll definitely try that out along with all the rest!

Quote:

To legally fish in Tempe Town Lake, you need a state fishing license. If you are fishing for trout, you need a trout stamp.

The Urban Lake License is a totally separate license and it does NOT include Tempe Town Lake.
No worries, I have all three licenses

Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,641 times
Default urban commando fishing

get on google earth and just scan around the valley. the SRP irrigation canal system has fish in it. i believe one needs a state fishing license (class A ) to fish these waters. no trout stamp required (no trout in here) the best way to fish canals is by bicycle. there are largemouth bass, catfish and carp. the bass tend to be located near the maintenance ramps and at the ends of the canals where the water is slack. if you are the adventurous type you might try golf course ponds at NIGHT. there are usually lots of fish to be had in these impoundments. no license needed to fish private waters although it is suggested that you get permission from the owner. it would be too easy if i told which golf courses allowed me to fish, so i'll leave the research up to you .

keep your lunch dry and your line wet!
beterarcher

Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
Default yo

Quote:

as of jan 1 2014 tempe town lake will be an urban lake using class u fishing lic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area