Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 AM

3 posts, read 4,597 times

Advertisements

I've moved to Scottsdale from the East Coast and have been apartment hunting. Scottsdale Meadows apts seem to be somewhat different from a lot of cookie cutter Equity properties I've seen in my search and believe me, my search has been quite extensive. My questions and concerns?...
Once I sign on the dotted line what should I look out for? Is there a relaxed feel about the place? Is there give and take with management or are there strict rules and regs? Can one sit outside and walk around safely? I also want to know about the people who live there. Is it the kind of place where neighbors become friends? Is there a good mix of ages (very important)? As long as the mix includes older singles in their 40's & 50's then I'm happy. I'm looking to meet the man of my dreams!
The other apartment contenders are:
- The Highlands
- San Carlos
- San Marcos
My questions about Scottsdale Meadows apply also to the other 3 places.

Thank you for the info. It will help me make my decision.

PS: N-S sun exposure vs E-W. Is N-S the winner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,287,102 times
I would not count on meeting the "man of your dreams" in whatever apartment complex you live in. There are other more likely ways to go out and meet people you are compatible with than finding one walking through your apartment complex. But that's for a different topic in a different forum.

As far as your concerns, you might find someone here who lives there who can answer your questions, but you very well may not. You need to address your "concerns" before you sign on the dotted line, not once you do. You should be able to find out about any "strict rules and regs" from the leasing office. I'm not sure what you mean about a "relaxed feel" in an apartment complex. People live there, go to work, come home, in good weather may or may not be out by the pool in the evening, maybe more so on the weekends, and that's it. I've never sensed a "tense" atmosphere in any apartment complex I've visited. As far as neighbors becoming friends, that depends on the indvidual people involved, not the apartment complex, IMO.

N-S vs E-W doesn't matter so much if the larger windows are shaded by trees from the outside; not being on the top floor to me matters more.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,597 times
Thanks for the info and advice. I finally made my choice (San Carlos in N.Scottsdale) and moved in a few weeks ago. Am quite happy so far. Enjoyed my 1st bbq dinner by the pool last night. Very relaxing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: