Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:16 PM

584 posts, read 1,340,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Was just noticing the final census tallies on a few suburbs of the Phoenix area and noticed the crazy growth particularly in Gilbert, Chandler, Maricopa, Goodyear, Buckeye, and Surprise. Except for Buckeye, are these areas still building up like crazy or have they built out already? I know that Buckeye covers something like 140 square miles so I know that it may be awhile before it is completely built out.

Also, I read on an online article somewhere (I can't remember which one) that Buckeye was trying to grow out to 2 million residents eventually. How accurate is that? That seems a little crazy to me. I don't know how that is possible unless Buckeye has some serious industrial (i.e. Tech and manufacturing) commercial and office development so all of those people have places to work w/o having to commute all of the way to Phoenix.

Goodyear plus 10K people in population last 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM

209 posts, read 502,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
The rent first advice is certainly advisable in some cases, but not all. It depends on the circumstances of the individual family.

Many people come to the valley and within a week they can determine what city they want to live in and the maximum drive they can tolerate.

Having to move twice, and probably store furniture and personal belongings, plus possibly having to change schools for their school age children, is a huge concern for many.

I've advised some of my clients, after learning more about their personal situation, to rent first. I've also advised others that it would be best to buy.

If a person can't learn enough about the area, and especially if we are in a declining market, then they are probably well advised to rent first.

If a person can learn enough about the area, or already knows the area, and if we are in an increasing market, like we are today, then advising to buy, after learning more about their personal needs, may be the best advice. Today, we have a fast increasing market, and a year from now a particular house may be out of the reach of some people.

That's why any decision on buying first or renting first, should be made by the individual based on their personal requirements, and giving consideration to the current market and the developing trends.

You have hit the nail on the head. Most of the furniture that I have is custom made and moving it all the time is hard to do. None of us are getting any younger that is for sure so moving a desk like the one I have that weighs over 200 pounds "Solid Curly Maple" is hard to do. We home school the kids so that is not an issue for us. We have lived there for around 3 years back in 04-07. I just want to get back there before the rise starts and we are not able to afford the house that we fit well in.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery1 View Post
Goodyear plus 10K people in population last 3 years.
Really? It does not seem like that many houses have gone up. Many lots are just sitting there.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
I don't see much new construction around Avondale or Goodyer either.

I remember about seven years ago there were some nice subdivisions going up near the old Cashion area but the double-dip recession since then really put a damper on that kind of development.

Progress is slow but recovery is happening. Give it time and construction will pick up if things keep going the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area