U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,317,734 times
Default Found a House!

We found our house! Just signed the lease! It's the perfect house for us, the right size, pool, spa, stunning desert view and space in the yard for the kids.

Super excited. It's going to be hard to go back to PA. Can't wait to move.

Now to figure out how to get all our stuff out here at the end of June!

And now that the house hunting is over, we actually will have the rest of today and tomorrow to enjoy the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 PM

73 posts, read 88,840 times
That's great! We hope to be in your shoes in about six weeks. Can't wait!

Btw, how's the heat?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:33 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,732,609 times
John - where did you guys end up? More details!

You newbies always forget to give us all the scoop when you make your decisions! LOL

Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM

1,088 posts, read 949,558 times
Congrats! Welcome to your new life in the Valley of the Sun!!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 PM

13,554 posts, read 15,669,272 times
Great news! Tell us more about the part of the Valley you ended up in!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,145,052 times
Hey, congratulations.
I moved here a year ago and I couldn't be happier. You're going to love it.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaskychick View Post
That's great! We hope to be in your shoes in about six weeks. Can't wait!

Btw, how's the heat?
The weather was beautiful last week. We stayed in a hotel about 2 blocks from where I work and I walked in every morning so my wife and kids could have the car for the day. I think the highest it got last week was about 95 but it was still comfortable. I guess that "but its a dry heat" thing is really true. I'm sure we'll notice a difference in July when we move in.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
John - where did you guys end up? More details!

You newbies always forget to give us all the scoop when you make your decisions! LOL
We found a great house in Anthem. I had visited there on my last trip and liked the area, but when my wife saw it that was all it took, she didn't want to live anywhere else. After a couple of days of looking at houses in other areas, our realtor finally said to her that he could tell all she was really interested in was Anthem. He called us late one night about a house there that had just come on the MLS and we went to see it the next day, took it on the spot.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM

56 posts, read 68,854 times
We searched all over..and also chose Anthem! We bought a house, but aren't there full time yet...although my mom, daughter, son-in-law, grandson and son and daughter in law are all there full time. My husband and I can't wait to get there and start our new adventure! I know how your wife felt..once I saw Anthem that was it for me also! Enjoy!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 AM

8 posts, read 8,700 times
Scottsdale is a nice city and so is Tucson. I think you will like Arizona as I am also a transplant from Jersey. I moved to Az. in 1977 and lived in almost all parts of Arizona from Mohave County to Flagstaff. I now live in Tucson and enjoy the Sonoran Desert. Just be careful with Nogales Arizona. My wife and I had a bad experience with a Nogales Police stop and we filed a complaint. The state has many positives and even when the summer temps are out of control the White Mountains are not the far to drive from Scottsdale. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area